[ANN] "lub" and "lut" Release

Gaspard Bucher

Apr 9, 2013, 4:42:50 AM4/9/13
to mailing-list Lubyk
Hi there !

Lubyk is moving to public space, one module at a time... This step by step release will ensure that modules can be used in a modular way (important when the library is used as a framework). This also gives us some room for testing and documenting at a reasonable pace.

The modules can be installed with "luarocks" or "luadist". Detailed information below.

Cheers,

Gaspard

lub
===

This library contains core parts needed by other modules in lubyk. Actually, the Scheduler
and timing code is not in this release because I want to remove the dependency on zmq for
polling.

* lub          : Utility functions
* lub.Template : {{moustache}} templating class inspired by Zed A. Shaw's templates for Tir.

Full documentation: http://doc.lubyk.org/lub.html
Install: lua[rocks/dist] install lub

lut
===

This library contains utility classes not required during runtime such as testing and documenting.

* lut.Test : Simple to use unit testing framework.
* lut.Doc  : Generate pretty html documentation from lua code. Also supports "literate programming"
             style for tutorials and mathematical equations (latex).

Full documentation: http://doc.lubyk.org/lut.html
Install: lua[rocks/dist] install lut

Daniel Bünzli

Apr 9, 2013, 7:17:12 PM4/9/13
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Le mardi, 9 avril 2013 à 09:42, Gaspard Bucher a écrit :
> Lubyk is moving to public space, one module at a time...

Great news, that seems a good approach.

> * lut.Doc : Generate pretty html documentation from lua code. Also supports "literate programming"
> style for tutorials and mathematical equations (latex).

I don't know how much lut.Doc depends on the module pattern used by lubyk (if only it does). But it may of interest to lua developers outside lubyk and feels a little bit too hidden in lut.

Best,

Daniel