LuaVIEW 2.0 Beta 5 has been posted on our FTP site

Rolf Kalbermatter

Jul 18, 2013, 8:09:51 AM7/18/13
to lua...@googlegroups.com
A new beta release has been posted on our FTP server on ftp://ftp.cit.be. You can get it with the existing beta login credentials as before.

This release has some minor improvments and a first version of a new debug API.

- extend beta term until end of August
- slightly improved performance on opening a new lua state in recent LabVIEW versions
- added a preliminary debugging support for line number reporting during script execution through advanced/LuaVIEW Register Callback Event.vi and advanced/LuaVIEW Get Current Line.vi. The Register Callback Event.vi can optionally generate a user event which can be used to register a user event for an event structure such that the event structure will receive line events. In future versions this event will also allow to receive breakpoint events so that it will be possible to create a debug engine that allows setting specific line breakpoints as well as single stepping through a lua script.\

Sincerely

Rolf Kalbermatter

Mike Sachs

Jul 18, 2013, 8:39:46 AM7/18/13
to lua...@googlegroups.com
I think the debug callback events are going to really open up some interesting new possibilities with LuaVIEW, thanks Rolf!

Rolf Kalbermatter

Tim Vargo

Jul 19, 2013, 9:12:15 PM7/19/13
to lua...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Rolf, I look forward to continuing my development, now that the toolkit is not expired. Also the new debugging feature sounds interesting, I will experiment with that as well. Do you have a target date in mind for a final release of v2.0?

Tim Vargo

Jul 23, 2013, 3:26:15 PM7/23/13
to lua...@googlegroups.com
Rolf,
Went to the FTP link posted above, I see no beta-5 package.  I do see packages for betas 1, 3, & 4, plus the "read me first" document (7-May-2013), and the "incoming" folder -- so I know that I am in the right place.

Tim Vargo

Jul 23, 2013, 3:28:44 PM7/23/13
to lua...@googlegroups.com
Rolf,
Sorry, false alarm.  I refreshed my browser cache and then beta-5 showed up!

Tim Vargo

Nov 6, 2013, 3:37:25 PM11/6/13
to lua...@googlegroups.com

Rolf,

We are preparing now to begin a new phase of development on our application which uses LuaVIEW v2.0-beta.  I see that beta-5 extended the beta term until end of August (2013?), and that no subsequent betas have been released since then.  Can you please post a beta-6, even if the only change is to extend the beta expiration date further out?

Also, we wish to begin our new phase of development in LabVIEW 2013, and are now evaluating compatibility.  Do you have any evidence that LuaVIEW v2.0 is either compatible or not compatible with LabVIEW 2013?