Lua for LabVIEW beta 6 is posted on the FTP site

Rolf Kalbermatter

Dec 2, 2013, 3:54:03 PM12/2/13
to lua...@googlegroups.com
This is just to let everybody know that a new version of the Lua for LabVIEW Toolkit has been posted on out FTP site at ftp://ftp.cit.be.
You can use the same login and password as for the previous beta versions. If you need these please send an email request to me.

This release will be valid until end of february 2014 and has besides this only minor documentation changes. A true release candidate is forthcoming.

Sincerely

Rolf Kalbermatter
T&M Solutions

Mike Sachs

Dec 19, 2013, 11:14:46 AM12/19/13
to lua...@googlegroups.com
Hi Rolf - could you send the login and password for the beta?  Also do you know what the licensing terms will be for the released version?

Thanks,

Mike Sachs

Tim Vargo

Jan 10, 2014, 8:52:03 PM1/10/14
to lua...@googlegroups.com
Rolf,
I have downloaded and installed LuaVIEW toolkit v2.0-beta6, and it is working as expected in a development environment (32-bit LabVIEW 2009, 2011 & 2013; on 64-bit Windows 7).  We have NOT been successful at getting it to function inside a built executable however.  There is an error 13 ("file is not a resource file") when using LV2009, but under LV2013 LuaVIEW tasks just silently fail to execute.  We have had success at running LuaVIEW v1.2 inside executables built with both LabVIEW 8.5 and 2009; but have had zero success with built executables using LuaVIEW v2.0 (any beta release) paired with any version of LabVIEW (although we have only tried 2009, 2011 and 2013, all 32-bit).  Can you explain any known reasons why this is being so troublesome, or advise us on what to try next?

On a non-technical issue, like Mike Sachs I too wish to know what will be the licensing terms after the eventual release of version 2.0.  I need to understand if our existing license(s) will require a fee to upgrade -- plus, assuming this leaves beta and is a released product sometime soon, we will also be requiring more licenses for additional projects.

Tim Vargo

Feb 28, 2014, 2:02:13 PM2/28/14
to lua...@googlegroups.com
According to this announcement, beta6 expires today. Will a new version be available soon? We are currently right in the middle of a development which depends on LuaVIEW 2.0.