Crash when module not found (Windows)

Thijs Schreijer

Apr 11, 2014, 4:18:10 PM4/11/14
to lua...@googlegroups.com
When I install an unavailable module, LuaDist crashes, I get a pop-up window to terminate the application, and this is what is displayed in the console window;

C:\Temp\_bootstrap\_install\bin\luadist-5.1\bin>luadist install whatevermodule
Cannot install package 'whatevermodule': No suitable candidate for package 'whatevermodule' found.

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.

C:\Temp\_bootstrap\_install\bin\luadist-5.1\bin>

Any ideas?
Thijs
Message has been deleted

Marek Šrank

Apr 13, 2014, 6:31:15 PM4/13/14
to lua...@googlegroups.com
In the case that the module requested for installation wasn't found, luadist utility returns an error code 1, which may (or may not) be the reason why Windows shows the warning... Which version of Windows do you use?

Marek

Thijs Schreijer

Apr 14, 2014, 3:11:23 AM4/14/14
to lua...@googlegroups.com

Win7, 64bit

An errorcode (as exitcode) is not shown in Windows. Only in batch files the ERRORLEVEL shell variable can be used to examine the exitcode of a previous command. But in this case the process doesn't exit, it crashes, and shows a message (modal dialog) that it did so.

Thijs

> Marek
>
> On Friday, April 11, 2014 10:18:10 PM UTC+2, Thijs Schreijer wrote:
> When I install an unavailable module, LuaDist crashes, I get a pop-up window
> to terminate the application, and this is what is displayed in the console
> window;
>

> C:\Temp\_bootstrap\_install\bin\luadist-5.1\bin>luadist install
> whatevermodule
> Cannot install package 'whatevermodule': No suitable candidate for package
> 'whatevermodule' found.
>
> This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual
> way.
>
> This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual
> way.
>
> C:\Temp\_bootstrap\_install\bin\luadist-5.1\bin>
>

> Any ideas?
> Thijs

Marek Šrank

Apr 18, 2014, 4:36:12 PM4/18/14
to lua...@googlegroups.com
I've tried both luadist-0.2.7 installed from source and binary distribution of luadist 0.2.3 downloaded from luadist.org on my virtual 64-bit Windows 7 installation in Virtualbox and couldn't repeat the problem.

Marek