lua.org coming outages

Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo

Jun 6, 2024, 8:53:12 AMJun 6
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Our site lua.org is expected to be offline a few times in June and
July due to system maintenance.
There is a mirror site at https://www.tecgraf.puc-rio.br/lua/mirror/ .

We thank micro systems for generously hosting lua.org.
--lhf

Sainan

Jun 6, 2024, 9:26:39 AMJun 6
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Is your website not entirely static now, so could it not simply be hosted on Github Pages? This approach works great for us with pluto-lang.org.

Sainan

Jun 6, 2024, 9:32:19 AMJun 6
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Another benefit of this: Compare the latency of lua.org to the latency of pluto-lang.org:

- https://tools.bunny.net/latency-test?query=lua.org
- https://tools.bunny.net/latency-test?query=pluto-lang.org

You can see lua.org has a single PoP in Europe and then the latency gets higher the further from Europe you are. Whereas you can see pluto-lang.org is on many PoPs around the globe — and we're not paying a cent for it.

Not that latency really matters, but I find anycasting stuff like this super interesting, anyway.

Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo

Jun 6, 2024, 9:32:28 AMJun 6
to lu...@googlegroups.com
> Is your website not entirely static now, so could it not simply be hosted on Github Pages?

We're quite happy with the reliable and smooth service generously
provided by micro systems.

Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo

Rett Berg

Jun 17, 2024, 4:39:22 PMJun 17
to lua-l
You probably know this already, but lua.org is currently offline