archives

philanc

Dec 13, 2023, 2:13:22 AM12/13/23
to lua-l
What about the searchable archive of lua-l at http://lua-users.org/lists/lua-l/ ?
Is the content going to disappear at end of year?

Does Google Groups provide a way to import the list archive?

If not, any plan for hosting a static copy of the archive?

Anyway, many thanks to Pepperfish for keeping up the list and the archive web site all these years!

Phil

Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo

Dec 13, 2023, 5:07:30 AM12/13/23
to lu...@googlegroups.com
> What about the searchable archive of lua-l at http://lua-users.org/lists/lua-l/ ?

lua-users.org will migrate to a new host and the archive should be
available as usual.

We could not find a way to import the list archive into Google Groups.

Péter “grin” Gervai

Dec 14, 2023, 9:58:52 AM12/14/23
to lua-l
On Wednesday, December 13, 2023 at 11:07:30 AM UTC+1 Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo wrote:
We could not find a way to import the list archive into Google Groups.

Groups Migration API? I think I have used that years ago.

philanc

Dec 14, 2023, 5:30:41 PM12/14/23
to lua-l
lua-users.org will migrate to a new host and the archive should be
available as usual.

Thanks.

John Belmonte

Dec 23, 2023, 5:44:51 PM12/23/23
to lua-l
On Wednesday, December 13, 2023 at 2:07:30 AM UTC-8 Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo wrote:
> What about the searchable archive of lua-l at http://lua-users.org/lists/lua-l/ ?

lua-users.org will migrate to a new host and the archive should be
available as usual.

The lua-users mailing list archive would only track the new list if it's incorporated into the lua-l-archive.gz and lua-l-recent.gz files that were published by lua.org.  Is that planned?

Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo

Dec 24, 2023, 5:40:40 AM12/24/23
to lu...@googlegroups.com
> The lua-users mailing list archive would only track the new list if it's incorporated into the files that were published by lua.org. Is that planned?

Yes.