Welcome to this list! Let's introduce ourselves?

Etiene Dalcol

Feb 7, 2017, 4:00:49 PM2/7/17
to Lua community management & developer relations
Hello all,

I'm Etiene, I'm from Brazil and I live in London now.

I just ran the Lua devroom in Belgium with Pierre Chapuis and I'm organising LuaConf in Rio de Janeiro with Evandro Gonçalves :)
I'm trying to restart a meetup in London as well!

Nice to meet you all :)

Balinder Walia

Feb 7, 2017, 4:48:41 PM2/7/17
to Lua community management & developer relations
Thanks Etiene - setting up a mailing list is a great idea!

Pierre Chapuis

Feb 7, 2017, 5:01:16 PM2/7/17
to Lua community management & developer relations
Hello all,

I'm Pierre Chapuis (catwell). I co-organized the Lua devroom at FOSDEM
for the last two years. I used to run the Lua Toolbox before it was
merged with LuaRocks. You may also have met me at Lua Workshop 2013 in
Toulouse (where I gave a talk about the ecosystem) or at Lua Workshop
2015 in Stockholm. Also, two years ago, I created a French-speaking Lua
mailing list which was semi-active for a few months then died.

I live in Paris and I will probably try to start a Lua meetup there
sometime soon.

Tyler Neylon

Feb 7, 2017, 5:36:18 PM2/7/17
to Lua community management & developer relations
Hi all,

I live near San Francisco (actually in Berkeley) and am curious about local meetups. Happy to chat with other folks that may want to organize or recruit for them.

My experience with Lua is recreating some old games (Pac-Man, Tetris), and writing tutorials (or this one) about it.

- Tyler

Sandy Maciel

Feb 7, 2017, 5:59:11 PM2/7/17
to Lua community management & developer relations
Hello everybody, that is a amazing idea o/

Daurnimator

Feb 7, 2017, 6:59:21 PM2/7/17
to Lua community management & developer relations
Hi all,

I'm Daurnimator and I've been at the lua workshops in 2012 (Reston, Virginia), 2013 (Toulouse), 2015 (Stockholm) and 2016 (San Francisco).
I live in Melbourne, Australia and would like to do a meetup(s) with any local Lua users..... but I don't know any.

Daniel Gruno

Feb 8, 2017, 6:37:05 AM2/8/17
to Lua community management & developer relations
Hi there!

I'm Daniel, principal author of the mod_lua module for the Apache HTTP Server (among many other things).
As with the rest, I'm always found at FOSDEM and....yeah, stuff :) dunno what else to say just now.

Justin Cormack

Feb 8, 2017, 3:10:50 PM2/8/17
to Lua community management & developer relations
Hi, I am Justin

I was at Fosdem, and have organized London Lua events, and been to some Lua summits. I am in San Francisco sometimes, but Cambridge UK mostly.

Alexander Gladysh

Feb 13, 2017, 5:19:14 AM2/13/17
to Lua community management & developer relations
Hi,

I'm Alexander Gladysh. I organize the Lua in Moscow meetups. I organized Lua Workshop 2014. I'm organizing the Lua in Moscow 2017 conference this March.

Nice to see the community management effort moving somewhere! Thank you, Etiene!

Best,
Alexander.

Hisham Muhammad

Feb 14, 2017, 7:37:30 AM2/14/17
to Lua community management & developer relations
Hi everyone!

I'm Hisham and I maintain LuaRocks. I'm currently based in Rio de Janeiro. I ran the Lua birds-of-a-feather meeting in FOSDEM 2015 and organized the first Lua devroom in FOSDEM 2016 with Pierre.

I'm very happy to see a "calendar of Lua events" taking shape. For many years we only had the Workshop. I feel this mailing list can be really helpful!

Speaking of community initiatives, I've been a Google Summer of Code mentor for LabLua (PUC-Rio) twice and the LuaRocks team just applied to have luarocks.org as a mentoring organization in GSoC this year, so hopefully we'll get more community involvement if its gets accepted. This year, I couldn't make it to FOSDEM but Google had some extra funding for sending GSoC students to events and I secured funding to get my

-- Hisham

Hisham Muhammad

Feb 14, 2017, 7:40:09 AM2/14/17
to Lua community management & developer relations
[oops, hit Send too soon]

On Tuesday, February 14, 2017 at 10:37:30 AM UTC-2, Hisham Muhammad wrote:
Hi everyone!

I'm Hisham and I maintain LuaRocks. I'm currently based in Rio de Janeiro. I ran the Lua birds-of-a-feather meeting in FOSDEM 2015 and organized the first Lua devroom in FOSDEM 2016 with Pierre.

I'm very happy to see a "calendar of Lua events" taking shape. For many years we only had the Workshop. I feel this mailing list can be really helpful!

Speaking of community initiatives, I've been a Google Summer of Code mentor for LabLua (PUC-Rio) twice and the LuaRocks team just applied to have luarocks.org as a mentoring organization in GSoC this year, so hopefully we'll get more community involvement if its gets accepted. This year, I couldn't make it to FOSDEM but Google had some extra funding for sending GSoC students to events and I secured funding to get my

...student to go there and present the result of his work. Hope to get more new people involved with Lua this year! :)

Cheers,

-- Hisham

Peter van Dijk

Feb 14, 2017, 7:47:18 AM2/14/17
to Lua community management & developer relations
Hello!

I'm Peter van Dijk. I work for PowerDNS where we employ Lua every which way we can. This year and last year, I spent almost all the time I could in the Lua devroom, and hanging out with other Lua users at the bars. Last year I presented on Hammerspoon in the devroom. In semi-unrelated news, I organised a DNS BoF at FOSDEM this year and last year, and I'm hoping to organise a DNS track/devroom next year - for that I might bother Hisham, Pierre and Etiene to get some pointers ;)

I do not have plans to organise any meetups in my area (The Netherlands) but that might change :)

Cheers, Peter

Balinder Walia

Feb 14, 2017, 7:51:19 AM2/14/17
to Peter van Dijk, Lua community management & developer relations
Hey nice to know all of you geniuses and Lua enthusiasts. Peter, It's a good excuse for all of us to meet up in Amsterdam. Perhaps one day :-)

--
Você recebeu essa mensagem porque está inscrito em um tópico no grupo "Lua community management & developer relations" dos Grupos do Google.

Para mais opções, acesse https://groups.google.com/d/optout.