Date.isdst always false

MMiller

Jun 25, 2012, 9:17:18 AM6/25/12
to lua-alc...@googlegroups.com
Hi Everyone,

The subject is fairly self explanatory but I'll elaborate.

local dateTable = os.date("*t")

dateTable.isdst seems to always return false.  Has anyone else ever seen this and if so is a fix in the works?

Thanks
Mark

Alexander Gladysh

Jun 25, 2012, 9:28:29 AM6/25/12
to lua-alc...@googlegroups.com
Quick googling tells me that AS3 has some problems with DST.

These posts may be helpful:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/7889461/utc-time-to-gmt2-in-as3
http://help.adobe.com/en_US/FlashPlatform/reference/actionscript/3/Date.html

HTH,
Alexander.

MMiller

Jun 25, 2012, 9:47:45 AM6/25/12
to lua-alc...@googlegroups.com
Hi Alexander,

Thanks for the quick reply.  Maybe I don't know exactly how the alchemy library works.  I know as3 is screwed up I have a function to handle this in as3. Similar to the one in your link.  I just assumed that this would be something that could be fixed in alchemy that way it's packaged in alchemy and I don't have to do lua magic to call the function I have writen in as3 to fix the problem.  However if this is what I've gotta do then this is what I've gotta do :)

Thanks.

Mark

Alexander Gladysh

Jun 25, 2012, 9:50:27 AM6/25/12
to lua-alc...@googlegroups.com
Well, code that Adobe Alchemy generates (and on which Lua Alchemy is
built upon), is run by the same VM, as the rest of as3 code, so it has
the same problems.

Just call the function you have and you'll be fine.

Alexander.