Calling a lua function in a lua State from actionscript

Thomas Rieksmeier

Mar 6, 2012, 4:48:07 AM3/6/12
to lua-alchemy-dev
I am looking for a possibility to call a lua function (in a lua state)
from as3.

To day i use setGlobalLuaValue to do a workaround

luaState.setGlobalLuaValue ("fkt", ""testFunction");
luaState.setGlobalLuaValue ("par", "Parameter");

luaState.dostring (luaScript);

Is there another way of calling a lua function ?

Maybe i over looked something but i can't find it in the documenation
or is this simple missing ?

I know this functionallity from lua integration in Java and IOS and i
was surprised
that there is nötig similar in lua alchemy.

Tanks in advance
Thomas

Alexander Gladysh

Mar 6, 2012, 4:59:27 AM3/6/12
to lua-alc...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Lua Alchemy!

On Tue, Mar 6, 2012 at 13:48, Thomas Rieksmeier
<thomasri...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> I am looking for a possibility to call a lua function (in a lua state)
> from as3.
>
> To day i use setGlobalLuaValue to do a workaround
>
> luaState.setGlobalLuaValue ("fkt", ""testFunction");
> luaState.setGlobalLuaValue ("par", "Parameter");
>
> luaState.dostring (luaScript);
>
> Is there another way of calling a lua function ?
>
> Maybe i over looked something but i can't find it in the documenation
> or is this simple missing ?

It is simply missing.

Would this be enough for you?
http://code.google.com/p/lua-alchemy/issues/detail?id=120

If so, I will add it to the upcoming 0.3.1 release.

Otherwise, please elaborate.

Alexander.

Thomas Rieksmeier

Mar 6, 2012, 5:21:36 AM3/6/12
to lua-alchemy-dev
Hi Alexander,

thanks for your quick response, this (issue 120) definitely will do
it.
When (aprox.) will the 0.3.1 release be available ?

Many thanks
Thomas

On 6 Mrz., 09:59, Alexander Gladysh <aglad...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thank you for your interest in Lua Alchemy!
>
> On Tue, Mar 6, 2012 at 13:48, Thomas Rieksmeier
>
> <thomasrieksme...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> > I am looking for a possibility to call a lua function (in a lua state)
> > from as3.
>
> > To day i use setGlobalLuaValue to do a workaround
>
> > luaState.setGlobalLuaValue ("fkt", ""testFunction");
> > luaState.setGlobalLuaValue ("par", "Parameter");
>
> > luaState.dostring (luaScript);
>
> > Is there another way of calling a lua function ?
>
> > Maybe i over looked something but i can't find it in the documenation
> > or is this simple missing ?
>
> It is simply missing.
>
> Would this be enough for you?http://code.google.com/p/lua-alchemy/issues/detail?id=120

Alexander Gladysh

Mar 6, 2012, 5:23:25 AM3/6/12
to lua-alc...@googlegroups.com
I hope to get 0.3.1 done on this week.

Alexander.

Thomas Rieksmeier

Mar 6, 2012, 5:43:40 AM3/6/12
to lua-alchemy-dev
Wow,

Alexander that´s really great.

Thomas

Alexander Gladysh

Mar 6, 2012, 3:38:38 PM3/6/12
to lua-alc...@googlegroups.com
Please try 0.3.1 RC-1 (in my other post to this group).

(This feature was so simple to do and so obviously necessary, that we
never got around implementing it. Thank you for the nudge.)

Alexander.

Thomas Rieksmeier

Mar 6, 2012, 5:20:57 PM3/6/12
to lua-alchemy-dev
Hi Alexander,

i just wanted to go to bed and by accident i saw your answer.

I had to trie it right now and it works wonderful.

Thank you very much.
Thomas

Alexander Gladysh

Mar 6, 2012, 5:29:33 PM3/6/12
to lua-alc...@googlegroups.com
Hi, Thomas,

Glad I was able to help.

I will wait for more feedback from people, and will release 0.3.1 at
the end of the week, barring unforeseen.

Good night!
Alexander.