Digital Information at Risk of Loss

瀏覽次數:2 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

Michael Peterson

未讀,
2012年6月29日 凌晨1:34:542012/6/29
收件者:ltd...@googlegroups.com、SavingThe DigitalWorld
All,

I put up a chart with my projections for the percent of digital information at risk of loss (from all causes - and I plan on detailing those potential causes in a separate wiki entry) on the home page of www.savingthedigitalworld.com  --  Please look at this chart and comment via replying to the discussion thread or in Google Groups directly.

For example, what is the shape of the curve?   I believe it safe to say that any these curves are an "S" curve because it is a cumulative-failure type of curve  --  asymptoticly approaching 100% at the high end.  Drawn differently, as a failure rate, it seems that it should be a bathtub curve.   I just didn't draw that level of detail as I want to get the concept across and stimulate the discussion.
  • Which style communicates the risk of information loss better?
  • Which evokes the greatest recognition of the magnitude of the problem(s)?
Please comment

Regards,
Michael Peterson

回覆所有人