Fwd: OAIS Update has been published as a final ISO Standard

Michael Peterson

Aug 30, 2012, 12:28:24 PM8/30/12
to ltd...@googlegroups.com, SavingThe DigitalWorld
Begin forwarded message:

From:        John Garrett <John.G....@nasa.gov>
To:        MOIMS-Data Archive Ingestion <moim...@mailman.ccsds.org>,
Date:        29/08/2012 05:49 PM
Subject:        [Moims-dai] OAIS Update has been published as a final ISO Standard
Sent by:        moims-da...@mailman.ccsds.org

Hello All,

Great news, the OAIS update has been published as a final ISO Standard - ISO
14721:2012.
You can find this issue at:
http://www.iso.org/iso/home/store/catalogue_tc/catalogue_detail.htm?csnumber=57284

The equivalent (and free) CCSDS standard - CCSDS 650.0-M-2 is available at:
http://public.ccsds.org/publications/archive/650x0m2.pdf

I want to express my thanks to the Technical Editor for this OAIS Issue, David
Giaretta, for shepherding this issue through to final publication.    I also
wanted to thank the entrire DAI Working Group for supporting this and all the
contiributers and reviewers.  I especially want to thank several people who
continued to work the final issues, Don Sawyer, Bruce Ambacher, Claude Huc,
Daniele Boucon, and many others who are too numerous to call out individually.
Please know that everyones contributions were appreciated.  Daniele is working to
generate the final official French version of this update.   As with the previous
version, there will likely be several unofficial translations to other languages
that will not become official ISO versions.

Barbara Sierman has provided a blog post providing an overview of the updates.
That is available at:
http://digitalpreservation.nl/seeds/standards/oais-2012-update/

Please feel free to forward this message to let your colleagues know about this
new release.

Good Health and Much Peace,
-JOhn Garrett
Data Archive Ingest Working Group Chair