Problem when using Nemo on Ubuntu to move a file into a watched directory.

Larry Bradley

Jan 28, 2020, 5:49:29 PM1/28/20
to lsyncd
If I use the Nemo file manager to move a file into the watched directory, lsyncd generates a Create event only, no following Move event. If I monitor this action using another program I see a ON_MOVE_IN event. The code in inotify.c in lsyncd treats this as a Create whereas if should be a Move event.

If I use the cp command, lsyncd generates a Create then a Move, which is as it should be.

I have not yet tried to fix this ... I would like to hear back from someone more knowledgeable.
Thanks
Larry Bradley Ottawa Canada

Larry Bradley

Jan 28, 2020, 7:18:04 PM1/28/20
to lsyncd
Made the change and rebuilt lsyncd. Seems to work fine now.