Schlake 5th Feb and Ellena 7th Feb

Mary Fee

Feb 4, 2023, 6:07:44 AM2/4/23
to Occupy Economics, Eithne Brennan
Dear Occupy folk
Thanks to John, David and Clive for your messages about our former friends and colleagues.
Schlacke was a regular attendee at the Occupy Economics Working Group, which used to meet - until the lockdown - at Friends House Euston on Mondays and Friday lunchtimes.  His wife, Eithne Brennan, copied in, has arranged a reception to commemorate him tomorrow, Sunday 5th February from 3pm at the Mayday Rooms, 88 Fleet St, London, EC4Y 1DH, to which we are invited.
Ellena Rushbrooke used to live in Penge where she cared for her mother for many years, and was a regular attendee at Rev Peter Challen's Global Table when it met at the School of Economic Science at Mandeville Place London W1.  When her mother was moved into a  Care Home near one of her daughter's in Surrey, Ellen was taken in by relatives Den and Julia, who live in Northampton and was eventually settled into a nearby retirement home, The Hawthorns, Weedon Road, Northampton, NN5 4WR.  I'm giving the full address because they will be hosting a reception there after the Creation Ceremony, which will be held from 2.45pm on Tuesday 7th February at The Counties Crematorium, Towcester Rd, Milton Malsor, Northampton NN4 9RN, and again, all are invited.
Best wishes to all
Mary Fee

David Dewhurst

Feb 6, 2023, 9:59:56 AM2/6/23
to lsxcampe...@googlegroups.com, Eithne Brennan
Ellena's sister-in-law tells me that Ellena asked for donations to The Hope Centre rather than flowers. You can phone the Co-op FuneralCare undertakers (Barrack Rd. Northampton NN1 3RL) 01604636 297 and give your card details to make a donation. But I got diverted to their Manchester HQ, who told me that the Northampton branch would phone back & collect details. You could always donate to The Hope Centre directly but I guess the Co-op will still convey donations for a few days. (My parents used the Co-op and I intend it to be my final purchase.)
Dave

--

---

John Courtneidge

Feb 6, 2023, 12:55:27 PM2/6/23
to lsxcampe...@googlegroups.com, Mary Fee, Etna Brennan
Thanks dear friends for this.

I'm staying with Mary and Adrian tonight (Monday) and taking Mary and Lillias to both the crematorium and Care home tomorrow then back to Littlehampton after these sad but celebratory events.

Love 2&4 all,

John

John Courtneidge

Feb 8, 2023, 7:27:47 AM2/8/23
to lsxcampe...@googlegroups.com, lsxcampeconomics@googlegroups.com Mary Fee, Etna Brennan
I am furious that the Cinema Action crowd denied us the chance to celebrate Schlake's Occupy etc contribution. Without indicating my fury, I will somehow record his 2011 onwards contribution.

Mary Fee

Feb 15, 2023, 6:08:37 PM2/15/23
to John Courtneidge, lsxcampe...@googlegroups.com, Etna Brennan
Dear All
Both memorial events went off very well, considering, in both cases, complex family relationships, and it was good to see a few Occupy folk there.  I was able to get to the MayDay Rooms OK by tube for Schlacke's event, but travelling to the crematorium at Northampton was more of a challenge, so many thanks to John Courtneidge for providing door-to-door transport.
My contribution to the celebrations was to produce three sheets of photos, one including scenes - mostly of the Occupy Economics Working Group where Schlacke was present - two of them featuring the "Root Out Usury" banner more recently outside St Paul's.  The two other pages were of Ellena, one of them also including the banner photos, but mostly just her in various different locations.  I've emailed them to two members' of Ellena's family, and I think I gave Eithne a paper copy of Schlack'e pictures, but hope you will also enjoy the digital version.
Best wishes to all
Mary Fee
Schlacke-pics_Optimized.pdf
Ellena-photos1_Optimized.pdf
Ellena-photos2_Optimized.pdf

John Courtneidge

Feb 16, 2023, 4:08:42 AM2/16/23
to Mary Fee, lsxcampe...@googlegroups.com, Etna Brennan
Very many thanks, Mary!

Love to you all 😽

Steve Burak

Feb 16, 2023, 4:17:04 AM2/16/23
to lsxcampe...@googlegroups.com, Mary Fee, Etna Brennan
Ditto .. We’ll done, Mary🌅

Sent from my iPhone

On 16 Feb 2023, at 09:08, John Courtneidge <cou...@myphone.coop> wrote:

 Very many thanks, Mary!

David Dewhurst

Feb 22, 2023, 9:22:30 AM2/22/23
to lsxcampe...@googlegroups.com, Eithne Brennan
Sorry, it should be The Hope Centre, Northampton For memorial donations you can go straight to this link.   It's taken me a few days to verify that it's the one Ellena nominated. There's a few different Hope Centres around the world. If you donated to the Canadian link I originally gave you still done good afaics.
Dave