Commons, Land Liberation Julie T & Martin S tomorrow Tuesday

David Dewhurst

Dec 2, 2019, 5:41:35 AM12/2/19
to landjusticeUK, landju...@lists.riseup.net, putneyde...@lists.riseup.net, lsxcampe...@googlegroups.com, occupylondon
Check this.
NPD/CoF related event on Tuesday 7pm (to catch the refreshments) on 'Places in Common: Charters, Enclosure & Meeting Places' at the Crystal Palace Museum.

Dave

--
D Dewhurst,         077399 73653
                                 17 Challis Rd. Brentford, Middx. TW8 9PP

david wilkinson

Dec 2, 2019, 7:45:05 AM12/2/19
to lsxcampe...@googlegroups.com
Funny, I'd just been thinking of weaving together my thoughts and memories around common land, commonwood and commonword - a sort of leitmotif to my later life, in which the LSX camp played an important part (especially the way a network of knotted guy-ropes held the tents in place and on the ground in the absence of fixed points or peggable ground, and the way people who happened to be homeless already were able to join in).. Now I'm involved in Swanse XR, but irrititated by the ritualisation of handsigns, safe-space etc, when those are often not the best way of getting essential decisions and action asap. Tonight there's a climate hustings in Swansea for which I did most of the spadework. Tonight I'm standing aside to allow the space to others who think they know what we're doing. And I fear an uiltrademocratic finger-waving selection process wont leave enough time for the candidates to respond to questions agreed upon. also sad that XR has claimed the gig as its own when I wanted it as a stop to a wider local climate action grouping.....
There we go. I'll forward link to yours and wish I wuz there.
Are you OK?
Greg

--

---