FW: Please help circulate Biological Technician Position announcement

Michael D Kaller

May 21, 2024, 2:22:51 PMMay 21
to lsurn...@googlegroups.com

Some people who received this message don't often get email from rebecca...@usda.gov. Learn why this is important

Dear All,

We are hiring a Biological Science Laboratory Technician for my lab located at the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) Southern Regional Research Center in New Orleans.  Please forward the advertisement below to any recently graduated students who you think would be well-qualified and interested. We are looking for someone with Bachelor of Science or Master's degree specialized in biological sciences, plant pathology, ecology and/or environmental sciences.  In particular we are looking for someone with experience culturing microbes, especially fungi, processing RNA/DNA from samples, and polymerase chain reactions (PCR).  A desirable candidate would also have experience with plants and/or plant pathogens and ecology/population biology.  We conduct research with the fungal plant pathogen, Aspergillus flavus, which produces highly toxic/carcinogenic aflatoxin, investigating both pathogenicity on corn and biology of biocontrols.  We look forward to your help finding good candidates.

Here is a link to the U.S.A. Jobs advertisement: USAJOBS - Job Announcement.  The application window is from 5/20/2024-5/31/2024.

Sincerely,

Rebecca

Rebecca Sweany, MS., PhD.

Research Geneticist (Plants)