Hi everyone,
I am modeling a thin cylindrical shell silo using orthotropic material properties where the a-axis must be aligned vertically along the silo height (Z-axis) and the b-axis along the circumference (hoop direction).
I am seeking advice on how to proceed with setting up the local material directions in LS-DYNA to ensure robust alignment across all curved shell elements.
What is the standard workflow to visually plot and verify the element local a-axis and b-axis vectors across all cylindrical quadrants?
Any recommendations on how to proceed or example decks for orthotropic cylindrical shells would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks in advance
RRB
Hi Rija, please see this video and I hope it’s helpful to you - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8KhiE-mfLU
Best
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "LS-DYNA2" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to ls-dyna2+u...@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ls-dyna2/0d6d7dae-876f-42c5-a5e8-01497beb5227n%40googlegroups.com.