Anyone know where I can get material that closely matches the grey interior trim material of a '96 Defender?

Jonno

Jan 28, 2023, 12:36:30 PM1/28/23
to LROC Techtorque Discussion Forum
Hi all

I finally finished my rear high-level speaker pods (4 inch).
    - Panel crafted from fiberglass and will final fix properly in the event of an accident....
    - I need to adjust the speaker fitment angle too, but pic attached is a first pass prior to final "adjustment"... ;-)

I would like to cover them in (near as dammit closely) matching "ripple" grey like the rest of the interior panels if possible.

Anyone know where I can get something like this material in the Cape Town Area?

Currently spray-painted grey, but don't want to fix if there is an option to improve....

Cheers

WhatsApp Image 2023-01-28 at 17.02.45.jpeg

Bertus Bekker

Jan 28, 2023, 12:40:51 PM1/28/23
to lroc-techtorque
I think Rustola makes a ripple finish spraypaint.

Follow us on Twitter twitter.com/LROCSouthAfrica

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "LROC Techtorque Discussion Forum" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/lroc-techtorque/38cb9eee-834c-4032-9abf-88f9d8165303n%40googlegroups.com.

Bertus Bekker

Jan 28, 2023, 12:41:43 PM1/28/23
to lroc-techtorque
And Hamerite has a hammered finish brush-on paint.

John Stallard

Jan 28, 2023, 12:49:42 PM1/28/23
to lroc-te...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Bertus

Will have a look :-)

John Stallard
MSc (Liverpool)

m: +27 82 299 0710
e: stalla...@gmail.com
Cape Town
South Africa
linkedin icon

On Sat, 28 Jan 2023, 19:36 Jonno, <stalla...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi all

I finally finished my rear high-level speaker pods (4 inch).
    - Panel crafted from fiberglass and will final fix properly in the event of an accident....
    - I need to adjust the speaker fitment angle too, but pic attached is a first pass prior to final "adjustment"... ;-)

I would like to cover them in (near as dammit closely) matching "ripple" grey like the rest of the interior panels if possible.

Anyone know where I can get something like this material in the Cape Town Area?

Currently spray-painted grey, but don't want to fix if there is an option to improve....

Cheers

<WhatsApp Image 2023-01-28 at 17.02.45.jpeg>

Follow us on Twitter twitter.com/LROCSouthAfrica

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "LROC Techtorque Discussion Forum" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/lroc-techtorque/38cb9eee-834c-4032-9abf-88f9d8165303n%40googlegroups.com.

Follow us on Twitter twitter.com/LROCSouthAfrica

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "LROC Techtorque Discussion Forum" group.

Jakes Louw

Feb 3, 2023, 2:15:54 AM2/3/23
to lroc-te...@googlegroups.com
ha ha...........speakers in a TDi ..................I hope you have a HUGE amp

John Stallard

Feb 3, 2023, 2:17:37 AM2/3/23
to lroc-te...@googlegroups.com
Works like a charm 😉