Defender Td5 engine replacement - Cape Town

Martin Kuhlmann - Gmail

Apr 14, 2021, 1:28:18 AM4/14/21
to lroc-techtorque
Hi

My daughter and her boyfriend, Tanya and Rowan, have just found out they have a blown head gasket and the quote they got to replace the cylinder head and fitting here in Cape Town one can buy two refurbished motors complete with alternator and turbo!

Can anyone recommend:

1. A dealer we can source a refurbished Td5 engine in Cape Town as they initially drove their Defender to Cape Town?

2. A decent LR mechanic who can fit and service the new engine?

Any advice would be highly appreciated.

Warm regards

Martin Kuhlmann

Sent from my iPhone

Joe Gordon

Apr 14, 2021, 1:54:52 AM4/14/21
to LROC Techtorque
Hi Martin, my brother-in-law has used these guys..
Cheers

Follow us on Twitter twitter.com/LROCSouthAfrica

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "LROC Techtorque Discussion Forum" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/lroc-techtorque/70C13EA4-9494-4A76-904A-9715C1DCA1B1%40gmail.com.

Jakob Jordaan

Apr 14, 2021, 2:19:03 AM4/14/21
to LROC Techtorque
Hi Martin,

For a reman engine, try https://remtec.co.za/engines-for-sale/land-rover/.  I have heard only good from them.

I don’t know mechs in CT.

Good luck!

Ons praat weer.

Jakob Jordaan
+2782-808-1422

“I must be a mermaid.  I have no fear of depths & a great fear of shallow living.” - Anais Nin

Jakes Louw

Apr 14, 2021, 2:24:39 AM4/14/21
to lroc-te...@googlegroups.com
Remtech are not what they used to be.