Starter Motor - Defender 110 Td5 1999

Martin Kuhlmann - Gmail

Mar 28, 2020, 9:52:52 AM3/28/20
to lroc-te...@googlegroups.com, martini...@gmail.com
Hi guys

My daughter and her boyfriend have just purchased a Defender 110 Td5 1999.

They drove it home and on trying to start it again - NOTHING! All light came on but zero from the starter motor.

We checked all electrics but final made the decision we need to check the starter motor.

I also have a Def Td5 2005 so we stripped both motors and checked one against the other. Definitely a burned motor as can be seen below.

image.png

Bertus Bekker

Mar 28, 2020, 10:20:06 AM3/28/20
to lroc-techtorque, martini...@gmail.com
Burned as in coils toasted?

If not, a good clean and lube might revive it.

Follow us on Twitter twitter.com/LROCSouthAfrica

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "LROC Techtorque Discussion Forum" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/lroc-techtorque/E41ADE1B-F6B8-41B2-B3B2-7E05A8F8D945%40gmail.com.

Does anyone have a spare they can part with at a reasonable price as my daughter and boyfriend are now broke!

Thanks

Martin Kuhlmann
0824573868

Sent from my iPhone

Sent from my iPhone

Follow us on Twitter twitter.com/LROCSouthAfrica

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "LROC Techtorque Discussion Forum" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/lroc-techtorque/E41ADE1B-F6B8-41B2-B3B2-7E05A8F8D945%40gmail.com.

SB backup

Mar 28, 2020, 11:32:34 AM3/28/20
to lroc-te...@googlegroups.com, martini...@gmail.com
Albert Lammers in Springs may be able to help - 083 300 6099

Sent from my iPhone

Martin Kuhlmann - Gmail

Mar 28, 2020, 11:54:04 AM3/28/20
to Bertus Bekker, lroc-techtorque
Yes burned coils!🥴

Sent from my iPhone

Joe Gordon

Mar 29, 2020, 10:58:25 AM3/29/20
to lroc-te...@googlegroups.com

Hi Martin

I have one you can try. It was working when I removed the engine. Try it and we can talk about a fair trade.

Not sure how you are going to collect it, what with the virus thing on the go. My last carrier pigeon is a bit too old for this weight of parcel!! Call me if you haven’t come right.

Cheers

Joe

Martin Kuhlmann

Mar 30, 2020, 3:29:22 AM3/30/20