Respraying a Defender

Ferdi Smith

Oct 15, 2021, 9:53:00 AM10/15/21
to LROC Techtorque Discussion Forum
Hi

Can anyone recommend somebody for a paint job  on a Defender?

I am in Pretoria.

Regards

Neale Penman

Oct 18, 2021, 1:39:37 AM10/18/21
to lroc-te...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ferdi

Dudley at Transholics resprayed my Defender as part of a rebuild.  At
the time my insurance company wanted to write the vehicle off and no
other panelbeater was interested in the job.

They are on boundary Road in North Riding, (071)6436097

I was happy with the entire job but you need to understand that you will
not achieve the scratch resistance of the original baked paint finish.

Hope this helps

Neale

Bertus Bekker

Oct 18, 2021, 4:24:40 AM10/18/21
to lroc-techtorque
Perhaps check with British 4X4.

There was also a place in Rayton that some people used, but can not remember their name.

Follow us on Twitter twitter.com/LROCSouthAfrica

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "LROC Techtorque Discussion Forum" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/lroc-techtorque/38638df5-f728-4d78-8ef7-22639681f400n%40googlegroups.com.

Jakes Louw

Oct 18, 2021, 4:58:12 AM10/18/21
to lroc-te...@googlegroups.com

Peter Levey

Oct 18, 2021, 10:50:24 AM10/18/21
to lroc-te...@googlegroups.com
When I was up in April I visited LRXtreme and they had a 110 there that had just been resprayed and the finish and detail work was amazing.  Don't know the name but they get someone in or he's connected with British 4x4 to do the job.

Peter Levey