Defender Dash Repair / Upgrade

Vivian

May 4, 2021, 3:30:19 AM5/4/21
to LROC Techtorque Discussion Forum
Hi there
Some advice and pointers will be appreciated - the dashboard on my "97 Defender has come apart after many kilometers on badly corrugated roads. Some of the mountings that hold the instrument cluster in place have broken off. So I now somehow need to fix this lot, and maybe while I am at it also upgrade the dash. In the process I want to sort the rattles and make sure that it does on break again, i.e. do a proper job if it. But where to start? Someone said that there is a place in Durban that makes replacement dashboards from stainless, but he could not remember the name.
Anyone with similar experiences?
Thanks a lot
Vivian
082 570 0051

Neale Penman

May 4, 2021, 3:53:52 AM5/4/21
to lroc-te...@googlegroups.com

Hi Viv

I was at Dover parts the other day and there is an ad on their wall for the guy that does the stainless dash. Looks very solid and seems that there's flexibility in how you configure the switches and dials.

Give them a call and I'm sure they'll refer you.

Cheers

Neale

Follow us on Twitter twitter.com/LROCSouthAfrica

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "LROC Techtorque Discussion Forum" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/lroc-techtorque/3fb2a86b-580d-48ee-a882-05c7ff9ba6b5n%40googlegroups.com.
--
Neale Penman | Confluence | Research driven strategy | 082 468 6766 | 011 807 7576 | www.confluence.co.za

Jakes Louw

May 4, 2021, 4:54:04 AM5/4/21
to lroc-te...@googlegroups.com
Go have a look at the UK products.

I bought a Raptor Defender binnacle for my 110 V8.

Good kit.

alla...@mweb.co.za

May 4, 2021, 9:21:08 AM5/4/21
to lroc-te...@googlegroups.com
Hi Vivian

The guy you are looking for is Kevin Ashwin of KDV Engineering 082 412 93 59 otherwise try looking these guys up on Facebook Phillip Dreyer or Matthew Joseph Laing but they only do instrument binnacles

regards

Allan

May 4, 2021, 1:52:58 PM5/4/21
to lroc-techtorque
I have repaired mine with Sikaflex although the replacement  dash looks much better!
Groetnis Gys