Replacing fuse - Landy won’t switch off

Martin Kuhlmann - Gmail

Dec 28, 2020, 11:28:25 AM12/28/20
to lroc-techtorque
Hi all

Compliments of the season to you.

I have just experienced a strange issue.

I noticed my radio was not working this morning and I found a 10A fuse blown - it subsequently blew 3 of them - I replaced it with a 20A and noticed still no power to my radio. However, I have the oil light on my dash that comes on - The Landy starts but I cannot switch it off unless I take out the fuse! Also the fuel pumps works!

Help?

The fuse is the third from top right.

Regards

Martin Kuhlmann

Sent from my iPhone

Bertus Bekker

Dec 28, 2020, 2:02:55 PM12/28/20
to lroc-techtorque
It is possible that due to the stronger fuse, enough heat was generated to melt two wires together, causing your ignition circuit to receive permanent power.

What model Landy are you experiencing the problem on?

Follow us on Twitter twitter.com/LROCSouthAfrica

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "LROC Techtorque Discussion Forum" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/lroc-techtorque/831E3B50-6F24-4B0F-9D6F-6DAC2FA9C518%40gmail.com.