Re: [LROC Techtorque] Digest for lroc-techtorque@googlegroups.com - 2 updates in 1 topic

Michael Eagar

Aug 11, 2020, 2:53:47 AM8/11/20
to lroc-te...@googlegroups.com
Thanks guys, appreciate the advice.

After much fiddling and pushing of the various buttons, I managed to get it open.

I pulled off the door card and everything was still connected - it appears that the actuator is faulty - only works intermittently.

Anyway, what I did find, and this applies obviously, to the front passenger door that has the manual key override, is that if (as in my case) I actuated the key-fob to unlock the door, it disengaged or misaligned the manual key function, so I couldn't unlock the door with the key.

After more fiddling, I found that if I used the key before pressing the key-fob to unlock the door, the manual key override worked.

Once the door is unlocked using the manual key override, you can use the key-fob to disengage the alarm system. If you open the door before deactivating, this will frighten the hell out of you as it's quite loud!

I think this might be helpful if any of you 3/4 owners have the same problem - now all I have to do now is buy and fit a new actuator - shudder to think what that will cost!

Regards michael eagar

p o box 17, henley on klip, 1962
mobile 083 676 5971
SKYPE "michael eagar
michae...@yahoo.com
On Tuesday, 11 August 2020, 07:05:17 GMT+2, <lroc-te...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

Michael Eagar <michae...@yahoo.com>: Aug 09 11:45PM -0700

My passenger door won't open from inside or outside, or with the keyfob, or
with the key itself! Any ideas on how to release it?
Allan de Souza <alla...@mweb.co.za>: Aug 10 11:30AM +0200

Hi

You didn't give much detail so I will just start at the beginning. Does the unlock inside still feel connected? If so pull the internal door handle slightly and operate the unlock. If it's adjustment it may open.

Next you are going to have to get the door card off. You may need to sacrifice the clip on the bottom next to the seat. Just chisel it off with a screw driver. Remove 3 screws. 2 in the handle and 1 behind the door handle. If manual windows release the clip.  The whole panel must come out vertically.

Cental locking has probably fallen off so just operate it and open the door. Clip is probably in the bottom of the door. You should be able to clip it back.

Hope this helps

Regards
Allan

⁣Get BlueMail for Android ​