A-Frame Tow Bar

Martin Kuhlmann

Mar 3, 2021, 7:58:44 AM3/3/21
to lroc-techtorque
Hi All

Does anyone in Gauteng have a A-Frame tow bar they can lend me to tow a Honda Brio from Jhb to Cape Town? I am looking at leaving Jhb on the 20th March 2021.

If you are also looking at getting rid of one, let me know?

Thanks

Martin Kuhlmann
082 457 3869

Bertus Bekker

Mar 3, 2021, 8:02:46 AM3/3/21
to lroc-techtorque
Yip

083 257 7336

Follow us on Twitter twitter.com/LROCSouthAfrica

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "LROC Techtorque Discussion Forum" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/lroc-techtorque/CAO%3D_m5zQk6_P_oqOCjw3rrT1VOp26XxiSpfeBwKzZ7qW4ZmWnA%40mail.gmail.com.

Gys Vermeulen

Mar 3, 2021, 10:05:27 AM3/3/21
to lroc-techtorque
I built one but unfortunately the younger namesake displaced it, but a friend of mine bought a ready made one at Midas.
Groetnis
Gys

Jakob Jordaan

Mar 3, 2021, 10:23:07 AM3/3/21
to LROC Techtorque
Hi Martin,

If you are going to tow a vehicle over that distance you might want to check one or two things out.

If it is an Auto box of some sort,  chances are that the box is going to seize before you get to CT as the gearbox oil pump runs, in about all cases, on the input shaft side, which is obviously not going to turn.

A manual box might be different, but I suggest you confirm that with a Honda garage.

If I was in your shoes, I would either drive it down or rent a low-bed type trailer - the cost of each might not differ that much?

Ons praat weer.

Jakob Jordaan
+2782-808-1422

“I must be a mermaid.  I have no fear of depths & a great fear of shallow living.” - Anais Nin

Paul Coventry

Mar 3, 2021, 1:01:21 PM3/3/21
to lroc-te...@googlegroups.com

If it is a Brio, you could put it on your roof rack :-}