Bushbar/Bullbar needed for a Defender Td5.

Paul Venter

Apr 17, 2024, 11:35:09 AMApr 17
to LROC Techtorque Discussion Forum
I'm working on a customers Defender 110 Td5 and one of the jobs is to swop the spotlights for another set. I had to remove the bullbar to be able to remove the grill for access to the wiring and plug. When I removed the bar I found that the two uprights had a lot of water in them. The lower sides of the uprights have corroded so badly that there are big holes in the plates. It is also only attached to the ends of the chassis legs with one M10 bolt through the chassis on either side. This bolt is a mount point for the bar that protects the steering damper and bar.
I've recommended to the customer that we try find a replacement bullbar as the repaires will most likely cost more than a replacement.
Does anyone have a bullbar for sale or know of someone that might have one. I thought I'd check with club members before we go looking else ware.
I can be contacted on 08Three Three79 Three471 on WhatsApp or a call.
Thanks. Paul Venter.

SB backup

Apr 17, 2024, 12:27:56 PMApr 17
to lroc-te...@googlegroups.com
Check with Emmarentia Auto, they occasionally have bullbars and roof racks that they sell off
image0.png
Sent from my iPhone

On 17 Apr 2024, at 17:35, Paul Venter <paulnu...@gmail.com> wrote:

I'm working on a customers Defender 110 Td5 and one of the jobs is to swop the spotlights for another set. I had to remove the bullbar to be able to remove the grill for access to the wiring and plug. When I removed the bar I found that the two uprights had a lot of water in them. The lower sides of the uprights have corroded so badly that there are big holes in the plates. It is also only attached to the ends of the chassis legs with one M10 bolt through the chassis on either side. This bolt is a mount point for the bar that protects the steering damper and bar.
Follow us on Twitter twitter.com/LROCSouthAfrica

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "LROC Techtorque Discussion Forum" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/lroc-techtorque/02969460-2024-4a87-bd14-1fc97ae905een%40googlegroups.com.