Facet pump not working

Renzo Blasa

Sep 13, 2021, 2:00:04 AM9/13/21
to lroc-te...@googlegroups.com

My auxiliary fuel pump is not working, connect 12V and does not turn – repair or replace?

Thanks

Renzo

cid:image001.png@01D7A875.3271FC90

image001.png

Jakob Jordaan

Sep 13, 2021, 2:15:52 AM9/13/21
to LROC Techtorque
Hi renzo,

Looks like the pump has been around for a while?  Replace.

Ons praat weer.

Jakob Jordaan
+2782-808-1422

“I must be a mermaid.  I have no fear of depths & a great fear of shallow living.” - Anais Nin

On 13 Sep 2021, at 07:59, Renzo Blasa <re...@blasa.co.za> wrote:

My auxiliary fuel pump is not working, connect 12V and does not turn – repair or replace?
Thanks
Renzo

<image001.png>

Follow us on Twitter twitter.com/LROCSouthAfrica

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "LROC Techtorque Discussion Forum" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/lroc-techtorque/003101d7a864%2484714250%248d53c6f0%24%40blasa.co.za.

Joe Gordon

Sep 13, 2021, 2:35:56 AM9/13/21
to LROC Techtorque
Renzo, I had one that swallowed dirt from the aux tank, managed to clear it with compressed air. The second one was used in a marine application after it stopped working. A fishing sinker!! Had to replace it.
Cheers Joe

Renzo Blasa

Sep 13, 2021, 5:14:08 AM9/13/21
to lroc-te...@googlegroups.com

Thanks all, I’ll look for another one.

It has had a hard life, it lives bolted to the chassis to pump fuel from the spare tank under driver seat into the main tank.

Cheers

Renzo

I used to just buy a Midas cheapy. Looks the same, fraction of the price..........

Follow us on Twitter twitter.com/LROCSouthAfrica

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "LROC Techtorque Discussion Forum" group.

Renzo Blasa

Sep 13, 2021, 7:40:50 AM9/13/21
to lroc-te...@googlegroups.com

BTDT

My first one was a cheap Midas, lasted less than a year and worse when I needed it it was not working and I had to syphon the diesel. Bought the Facet and lasted 10+ years. I’ll replace with the same.

Sep 15, 2021, 10:21:59 AM9/15/21
to lroc-te...@googlegroups.com

Feedback: got a new pump from Midas, R600 incl VAT

The cheap one is R185 and the salesperson said he does not recommend it.