瀏覽次數:20 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

atta...@gmail.com

未讀,
2021年4月29日 上午8:22:032021/4/29
收件者:lroc-te...@googlegroups.com

Hallo All

Greetings from the Cape.

During my trip back from the Tankwa Karoo on Tuesday my brakes have gone hard again. I suspect the brake vacuum pump piston is sticking and as a result I do not have vacuum. This time the pump has behaved for two years only.

I am now on my 4th pump and they last shorter and shorter with every new pump fitted.

I phoned Wingate for an electric pump kit that they used to have but they have none and will only get stock in September at the earliest.

Is there any other way to convert a Tdi to an electric brake vacuum pump? I am now tired of buying vacuum pump every two years.

Thanks

Alex

Bertus Bekker

未讀,
2021年4月29日 上午8:45:142021/4/29
收件者:lroc-techtorque
Have no idea how they work.

Would guess a vacuum reservoir (a tank that holds less than nothing???) would be required and the vacuum pump then powered with the brake lights.

It could be powered from ignition key, but that would probably be a waste.

Follow us on Twitter twitter.com/LROCSouthAfrica

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "LROC Techtorque Discussion Forum" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/lroc-techtorque/008b01d73cf2%24058603a0%2410920ae0%24%40gmail.com.

Jakob Jordaan

未讀,
2021年4月29日 上午8:57:132021/4/29
收件者:LROC Techtorque
Hi Alex,

I had a similar scenario.  Even opened up the pumps in the hope that it could be rebuild, but the shaft broke in all instances.

Out of frustration I then bought a OEM pump from Land Rover, paid extra, fitted it and it has been working since 28 Sep 2011 - one pump.

Needless to say I am done with pirate parts.

Ons praat weer.

Jakob Jordaan
+2782-808-1422

“I must be a mermaid.  I have no fear of depths & a great fear of shallow living.” - Anais Nin

Jakes Louw

未讀,
2021年4月29日 上午9:19:422021/4/29
收件者:lroc-te...@googlegroups.com
I suggest you look at the new range of electric vacuum pumps as installed in most new gen cars.
They come with vacuum relief valves and only start up when vacuum drops below a set threshold.

On Thu, Apr 29, 2021 at 2:22 PM <atta...@gmail.com> wrote:
--

Peter Levey

未讀,
2021年4月29日 中午12:02:422021/4/29
收件者:lroc-te...@googlegroups.com
Hi Alex
I went through a couple of those as well but my current one I got from LP4A 5 years ago and it’s still fine. Allmakes brand iirc. The tip I got somewhere was to fit two gaskets and the guy on Britannica Restorations says the same thing.  Use it don’t use it !!!

Cheers
Peter

--
Peter Levey