LROC : RETURNING MEMBERS : 2018

Attie Smit

May 15, 2018, 1:15:57 AM5/15/18
to lroc...@googlegroups.com

Dear Jaco,

Regarding your enquiry about returning members and/or the change from chapter to country, the main thing has always been that a person/family retains its membership number “forever”. Thus, should one’s membership terminated, let say, due to the selling of your Land Rover, you re-join with the same membership number once you “qualify” to re-join the LROC. The same apply should you change from chapter to country and vice versa.

I also noticed the welcoming of the Drinkwater’s in the Newsletter a month or so ago and that made me do the LOL thing. They have been members before some of the current members could spell Land Rover!!

I also learned last week of Dolf Erasmus whom has given up on the LROC and joined the Natal LROC, due the fact he struggled almost two months and didn’t get any response from the LROC membership secretary.

Attie Smit

083 2392 2412

Gys Vermeulen

May 15, 2018, 3:38:09 AM5/15/18
to lroc...@googlegroups.com
Just to elaborate on this. I ve been main club member, foreign member whilst residing in Botswana, Country member then Border Chapter member and again now a Country member with age discount benefits. With me all processes was handled efficiently and without a hick. I am not sure what the policy will be if there is an active Chapter running whether a member may chose to only be a Country member with the lower subscription.
I think the club should allow this freedom of choice and association.

Groetnis
Gys
Gys

p...@lroc.org.za

May 18, 2018, 2:40:55 AM5/18/18
to LROC Chat Forum
Hi Gys,

Members are indeed allowed to be Chapter members if they live within a Chapter's boundaries. LROC does however encourage them to join a Chapter rather than being country members. See the website for the conditions:

Country members attending more than two Chapter events will need to join the Chapter. (https://www.lroc.org.za/membership/#membership-types). Regarding membership numbers the number itself does not change bu the prefix does. i.e. if you were a Country member and than joined the Border chapter your number would change from C1234 to BC1234.

If you have any other questions regarding membership, you are welcome to contact Hanneke on 078 457 6015 or membe...@lroc.org.za.

Regards,
Jonathan Bydendyk | LROC PRO