LRMI activities update

Phil Barker

Feb 5, 2024, 9:36:13 AMFeb 5
to lr...@googlegroups.com

Hello LRMI Group members

It's a bit late for a "2023 in review / New Year update" on LRMI, but tomorrow is the first LRMI working group call of the year so I hope that is enough of an excuse for sending a brief update on what we are doing.

We have two ongoing activities that we would still appreciate engagement with: firstly if you use LRMI in any way, please let us know. You can use this form [1] to tell us about how you are using LRMI. We will use the data to inform further LRMI developments.  Secondly, if you use LRMI and want to tell the world, we have some "LRMI Enhanced" insignia you can use on your website.  These don't involve putting anything more that an image on website, though we would appreciate it if you linked that image to the About LRMI page. You can pick up the images or HTML snippets from github [2].

As for new work: we are drafting a Content Creators Guide to LRMI. An early draft (mostly from a rather dated previous guide) is available on Github [3]. Don't forget we also have a guide LRMI in One Page [4].

The Working Group meets on the first Tuesday of each month, at 08:00PT and the meetings are open to anyone who wants to contribute. So, if you are interested in contributing to the development of any aspect of LRMI, please reply to me directly and I will send the details.

Membership of this Google Group is open to anyone with an interest in LRMI. I will use this list for more occasional updates through the year, feel free to use it to ask about LRMI.

Regards,

Phil Barker, phil....@pjjk.co.uk

chair LRMI Working Group
https://www.dublincore.org/groups/lrmi/

1. https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSc7FqMhI95JEXLO6IrCNTqUkDOp3Url7yDExDMvZaqIcOsb5A/viewform?usp=sf_link

2. https://github.com/dcmi/lrmi/blob/main/lrmi-enhanced.md

3. https://github.com/dcmi/lrmi/blob/main/docs/smart_publisher_guide.md

4. https://dcmi.github.io/lrmi/one-page

--

Phil Barker, http://people.pjjk.net/phil (he/him).
Cetis LLP: a cooperative consultancy for innovation in education technology.

CETIS is a co-operative limited liability partnership, registered in England number OC399090
PJJK Limited is registered in Scotland as a private limited company, number SC569282.