Re: Correlation Issue.

James Pulley

Feb 7, 2013, 5:21:31 PM2/7/13
to LR-Loa...@googlegroups.com
Ask yourself, is your left boundary sufficiently distinct or even accurate.    Case matters, you have upper case in your LB condition and lower case in your returned datastream.  You also have multiple instances of the term "value" represented so you will either need to consider a more absolute left boundary reference or perhaps an ordinal (which you hope does not change).

On Thursday, February 7, 2013 4:44:41 PM UTC-5, ALMStarter wrote:
Hi,

We are trying to Test an application for performance. In application Struts is used as machnisam for communication between server and client.

Where when the coorespondence is initiated, it has a token assigned, which is used by receiver to respond back to sender.

we have tried to co-relate these struts.tokens, in order to complete our LR Scripts.

Some are working fine, but for others; while value is being passed on, its not being captured/replayed by the correlation function

for example

The Correlation Function

Web_Reg_Save_Param_Ex
(
"PeramName=CO_SubmitToken",
"LB = Value=\"",
"RB=\" ",
SEARCH_FILTERS,
"Scope=BODY",
"RequestUrl=*/searchTokenContainerDetails.action*",
LAST);

Now the value it is supposed to get is displayed in the response body as

<form id="eTokenGenForm" name="eTokenGenForm" action="/eservices/submitToken.action" method="post">
<input type="hidden" name="struts.token.name" value="struts.token" />
<input type="hidden" name="struts.token" value="7QAQSMHLZBBWKRYSR8YY9UFNW2UG9FIF" />
<!-- <input type="hidden" name="selectedNomType" id="selectedNomType"/> -->
<input type="hidden" id="actionType" name="actionType" value=""/>
<input type="hidden" id="fieldToAdd" name="fieldToAdd" />
<input type="hidden" id="fieldAction" name="fieldAction" />

The value is in Struts.Token is being shown, but when we use this parameter. it displays "OK" only

Thanks.

James Pulley

Feb 7, 2013, 5:56:41 PM2/7/13
to LR-Loa...@googlegroups.com

Have you attended a training class with a certified instructor using HP provided materials?  Note:  I do not sell such services but this is the most consistently delivered training with the best expectation for tool skills and concept delivery available.

Feb 7, 2013, 6:21:14 PM2/7/13
to LR-Loa...@googlegroups.com

Nothing can be done to help you.   If you have all of the foundation skills it will still take a mentor and training to bring up to speed in about a month to six weeks.    If you have some of the foundation skills then it could take up to a year with training and a mentor.   If you have none of the foundation skills then you will wind up like some who have been using “the tool” for upwards of a decade who flounder daily.

This is no different than being a stone mason, an electrician, a plumber or an accountant.   There are foundation skills outside of the discipline that you need to master, there are processes and tools for the discipline and then there is a mentor to help bring it all together on your first engagements which could be as few as two or as many as six.   If you get to six and you still don’t get it, then it’s time to find a new gig.

You have been placed in a position where you cannot succeed by persons unknown who do not have your or your client’s best interests at heart.   They are the ones ultimately responsible for the position that you are in.    At a minimum please read the manuals and go through the tutorials.   These should address many questions which you will have.