VuGen recording when connected to VPN

Ananda Babu

Jul 8, 2013, 8:35:55 AM7/8/13
to LR-Loa...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I'm using LR 11.5 SP2.
I'm connected to a VPN. (using Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client)

While recording at the time I'm connected to VPN VuGen is not able to capture anything.

Note :
1. After connected to VPN my IP address is changed.
Address lookup for HDC0005807 = 10.8.157.4 - (Without VPN)
Address lookup for HDC0005807 = 10.111.7.70 - (With VPN)
2. VuGen using the IP provided by the VPN client for the recording session, and its not able to capture anything.

I guess that I must force the VuGen to use the Proxy as "localhost" instead of some specific IP, which is provided by VPN client.

Is there anyway to solve this?

James Pulley

Jul 8, 2013, 10:02:24 AM7/8/13
to LR-Loa...@googlegroups.com

VUGEN works just fine in a VPN environment and has done so for many releases.    It would help to understand what type of test code|interface you were trying to develop against and several control points such as:

·         Does recording work without this VPN in place for the same/similar application|interface?

·         Does recording work with any other VPN solution on this host?

·         Do you have multiple conflicting VPN software solutions loaded?

·         Are you an administrator of your host when the other VPN solution is loaded or are your rights to your own host now restricted under a different policy schema?

·         Etc…

James Pulley, LoadRunner By The Hour

http://www.loadrunnerbythehour.com/PricingMatrix   Onshore, effective, trained and mentored users of LoadRunner beginning at 19.95 per hour USD

Anand Babu

Jul 9, 2013, 1:32:17 AM7/9/13
to LR-Loa...@googlegroups.com

Hi Thanks for your time,
  • Does recording work without this VPN in place for the same/similar application|interface?

Application/Interface is not a problem I guess, as the browser is NOT able to display any page while recording while connected to VPN. A normal browser session is able to work fine. Only the proxy provided by LR at the time of recording is the problem.

  • Does recording work with any other VPN solution on this host?

I've not tried yet, thanks for pointing this, will try and let you know.

  • Do you have multiple conflicting VPN software solutions loaded?

No, Just only CISCO.

  • Are you an administrator of your host when the other VPN solution is loaded or are your rights to your own host now restricted under a different policy schema?

Yes, I'm one of the administrator of the host. No restrictions from other policy schemas.

- Anandababu

James Pulley

Jul 9, 2013, 8:56:48 AM7/9/13
to LR-Loa...@googlegroups.com
By Default LoadRunner (for web at least) uses a sockets based recorder, not a proxy recorder.  Which protocol are you recording|developing against which is using a proxy based recorder as the default, or have you selected a proxy based recording model for VUGEN and web?