Testing Middleware Application (TIBCO BW, TIBCO EMS)

karim ibrahim

Jun 8, 2011, 6:14:06 AM6/8/11
to lr-loa...@googlegroups.com
Hello all ,

I am involved in a new performance project for TIBCO application with the following details :

Type of the application : Middleware Application (TIBCO BW, TIBCO EMS)  .
Protocol that the users desktop uses to communicate with the back-end servers : JMS and AS2 .

I made an online search and below the information that i found :

Please let me know if any one had a previous experience with performance testing with TIBCO applications , Protocols that will be used or any useful information that can help me in planning for this project .

Accept My Regards,
Karim

James Pulley

Jun 8, 2011, 9:16:52 AM6/8/11
to lr-loa...@googlegroups.com
Yes, I am involved with a large tibco project matching your description right now. We currently use java template virtual users with jms code to push and pull from the queues. Going forward we are looking to leverage the jms interface capabilities of the web services virtual user to cut down on the amount of code we need to proof and maintain for each testing/environment build cycle.

Monitoring-wise, because all of the request response activity is asynch in nature the concept of a response time collected by lr becomes a bit null and void. Fortunately the application has a full audit trail inside of its db that we use to pull stats at the end of the test

karim ibrahim <kal...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Hello all ,
>I am involved in a new performance project for TIBCO application with the following details :

>Type of the application : Middleware Application (TIBCO BW, TIBCO EMS) .Protocol that the users desktop uses to communicate with the back-end servers : JMS and AS2 .

>I made an online search and below the information that i found :
>-
>http://www.loadrunnertnt.com/concepts/does-loadrunner-support-jms-recording/
>
>-
>http://j9tech.blogspot.com/2008/09/with-explosion-of-message-oriented.html
>
>-
>http://performancetestinginfo.blogspot.com/2009/12/simulating-soap-messages-via-jms-in.html
>

>Please let me know if any one had a previous experience with performance testing with TIBCO applications , Protocols that will be used or any useful information that can help me in planning for this project .
>
>Accept My Regards,
>Karim

ifti inamdar

Nov 29, 2017, 9:35:55 AM11/29/17
to LoadRunner
Hi Karin,

Hope you are doing good..

Please let me know if you found any info, as I too need to design a PT strategy for Tibco application.

Reg, Ifty