Re: How to figure out RelFrameID from page source?

Abhishek Banginwar

Oct 26, 2012, 11:01:16 AM10/26/12
to LR-Loa...@googlegroups.com
i think firebug also displays xpath of the object. you can get the xpath; in which one of first few elements shown would be frame id.

On Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 9:59 PM, Rick Carter <rkca...@umich.edu> wrote:
I have to modify a bunch of scripts, where the main problem is that the frames have changed order in the new version of the application. I find myself guessing and poking in RelFrameIDs til I get one working (like if it was 1.2 I try 1.1 and 1.3, etc.), with some success. But what I'd really like to do is have some manual or programmatic way of looking at the page source itself and counting down, but my html-fu is not yet good enough to know exactly how I'd convert the order into LoadRunner numbers. Can someone tell me if there's some tag/end tag combination I could look for and know that if (something) is embedded in (something else), I update the number before or after the decimal point? I'm using Mac OS X Firefox with Firebug to view the source.

Looks like most of the scripts will work fine if I just change the RelFrameID. I've tried removing it but then I get back ambiguous and sometimes wrong answers, as LR picks the first one it comes to.

Abhishek