QNetworkInterface.allInterfaces method not present?

Ralf Van Bogaert

Apr 5, 2012, 9:59:53 AM4/5/12
to lqt-bi...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

From the documentation;

QList<QNetworkInterface> QNetworkInterface::allInterfaces () [static]

Returns a listing of all the network interfaces found on the host machine.

However this function is not present in lqt

print(QNetworkInterface.allInterfaces) returns nil, while

print(QNetworkInterface.allAddresses) returns function.

Regards

Ralf

Michal Kottman

Apr 5, 2012, 12:16:30 PM4/5/12
to lqt-bi...@googlegroups.com
On 5 April 2012 15:59, Ralf Van Bogaert <ralf.va...@gmail.com> wrote:
QList<QNetworkInterface> QNetworkInterface::allInterfaces () [static]

Returns a listing of all the network interfaces found on the host machine.

However this function is not present in lqt

Yes, this is missing on purpose. I remember it causing issues when I was creating the hand-made list of QList<> templates specializations. The thing with QList<QNetworkInterface>  is that QNetworkInterface does not have the operator== overriden. Because lqt generates bindings for all methods, it also creates binding for QList<QNetworkInterface>::lastIndexOf, which does not compile because of the missing operator==. So I did not add QList<QNetworkInterface> to the templates.

There is a class-level blacklist, maybe I should also consider creating a function-level blacklist...