QAbstractItemModel:createIndex() not available

Ralf Van Bogaert

Apr 18, 2012, 1:00:15 PM4/18/12
to lqt-bi...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

The method QAbstractItemModel:createIndex() does not appear to be present in lqt currently.

Regards

Ralf

PS Is lqt being actively maintained anymore?

Michal Kottman

Apr 18, 2012, 1:39:25 PM4/18/12
to lqt-bi...@googlegroups.com
On 18 April 2012 19:00, Ralf Van Bogaert <ralf.va...@gmail.com> wrote:
The method QAbstractItemModel:createIndex() does not appear to be present in lqt currently.

It is always beneficial to consult the "ignores_qtgui.csv" file in the build directory. It lists all function which were not bound by lqt, and the reason for that. A quick "grep createIndex ignores_qtgui.csv" gives this:

QAbstractItemModel::createIndex;unkown argument type;void*

This means that lqt does not know how to translate "void*" to a Lua type. If you know a sensible way to do that (maybe using lightuserdata?), you can update generator/types.lua and add a definition for void* type.

PS Is lqt being actively maintained anymore?

Unfortunately I currently have no time to maintain lqt. All my attempts were halted because of Qt 4.8 and its threading model, and I currently have no time to devote to lqt. I will get back to lqt early in summer when i'll have a bit of free time.

Ralf Van Bogaert

Apr 19, 2012, 3:49:09 AM4/19/12
to lqt-bi...@googlegroups.com
This means that lqt does not know how to translate "void*" to a Lua type. If you know a sensible way to do that (maybe using lightuserdata?), you can update generator/types.lua and add a definition for void* type.

PS Is lqt being actively maintained anymore?

Unfortunately I currently have no time to maintain lqt. All my attempts were halted because of Qt 4.8 and its threading model, and I currently have no time to devote to lqt. I will get back to lqt early in summer when i'll have a bit of free time.

I understand. No rush, you don't owe us anything :) it's just that it would be a shame to let a project with as much potential as lqt go to waste.

I'm currently following a programming course of about a year. C++ and Java. As soon as I consider myself having apt skills, I will contribute

Regards

Ralf.