lqt and QT5.1

Saptarshi Joy Guha

Aug 28, 2013, 12:35:52 PM8/28/13
to lqt-bi...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Now that QT5.1 has been released (and 5.0) before that, do you have a suggestion how to compile lqt for 5.1?
I'm using ubuntu 12.10 which doesn't have QT5 by default: cmake doesn't have a find_package module for Qt5.

Do you have any recommendations?
Regards
Saptarshi

Michal Kottman

Aug 28, 2013, 1:06:55 PM8/28/13
to lqt-bi...@googlegroups.com

Unfortunately the last supported version of Qt (working on all  modules) is 4.7. The Qt 4.8 version brought some architectural changes (mainly threading), which are very hard to solve with the standard Lua interpreter and cause crashes, and I strugle from time to time to make it work reliably, without results. Qt 5 is a whole new beast with a lot more changes, which I guess would require a new binding altogether.

I am sorry to bring such bad news. In the meantime you can try PyQt5 for Python using the LunaticPython bridge between Lua and Python.

Saptarshi Guha

Aug 28, 2013, 1:09:14 PM8/28/13
to lqt-bi...@googlegroups.com
I see, well, thanks much for all the good work!
Cheers
Saptarshi

--

---