Meeting Times

Paul Bracco

Jun 2, 2023, 10:54:05 AM6/2/23
to LPVA Constitution Committee
Colleagues,

I'm still working to get Mr. Porter onboarded, but I'd like to begin the discussion on our meeting schedule.

Reviewing the availability tracker it looks like our meetings should be on either a Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday and should cover the time between 8:30 PM and 9:00 PM. However, I'd like to hold the meetings for at least an hour to allow for adequate discussion.

We do have a pretty wide range of time between 7:30 PM and 9:30 PM where 4/5 of the member (putting aside Mr. Porter for now) are able to make a meeting. What does everyone think about setting the meetings for Monday between 8:00 PM and 9:00 PM?

Initially I'd say only one meeting per month is needed, unless there's more proposals then what I'm expecting, please let me know if that plan sounds all right to everyone.

Sincerely,
Paul Bracco

Richard Fast

Jun 2, 2023, 11:01:00 AM6/2/23
to LPVA Constitution Committee
Mondays 8-9pm are generally good for me, except for Monday 6/12. I have a dentist appointment that day and may not be in a shape to talk much. But all other Mondays at that time should work.

What is the deadline by which new proposals must be submitted? I'm brainstorming one but have yet to put pen to paper.

Paul Bracco

Jun 2, 2023, 11:34:48 AM6/2/23
to Richard Fast, LPVA Constitution Committee
Mr. Fast,

That's fine, I want to have more proposals before we have the first meeting. It might not be until July. As for deadlines, there isn't one technically. Unless the proposal is changing a few very specific sections there is no notice requirement, nor do proposals coming from this committee receive any sort of privilege relative to those coming from the convention floor.

That being said, I'd like to get the report finalized by the end of January so it can get publicized, so I'm hoping to get all the proposals voted on by the end of December. I think that when we need to hold off on additional proposals, practically speaking, would depend on how quickly we can work through what's proposed but as a rough estimate perhaps the end of November would be a good estimate.

I know that you're particularly keen on creating authorization for a state party platform within the Constitution. I've attached something that would do that if you're interested, though it would be dependent on the proposal I made earlier passing. I don't want to make this a formal proposal at this time, just providing it in case it helps.

Sincerely,
Paul Bracco

Jun 8, 2023, 6:27:07 PM6/8/23
to Paul Bracco, LPVA Constitution Committee
Mr. Vice Chair,

Mondays between 8:00 PM and 9:00 PM works for me.

Regards,

-William

Sent with Proton Mail secure email.

Jun 11, 2023, 10:38:20 PM6/11/23
to LPVA Constitution Committee
Mondays work best for me as well.

Steve

Paul Bracco

Jun 14, 2023, 12:30:40 PM6/14/23
to Richard Fast, LPVA Constitution Committee
Mr. Fast,

Are you interested in formally making this proposal? If so I can add it to the list.

Sincerely,
Paul Bracco