bills that need watching

Database Manager

Feb 4, 2024, 11:53:44 PMFeb 4
to GROUP - Board
https://www.leg.colorado.gov/bills/hb24-1163 - Pet Animal Registration System
https://www.leg.colorado.gov/bills/sb24-084 - Attorney General Duties to Prevent Mis- & Dis-information
https://www.leg.colorado.gov/bills/hb24-1067 - Ballot Access for Candidates with Disabilities
https://www.leg.colorado.gov/bills/hb24-1147 - Candidate Election Deepfake Disclosures
https://www.leg.colorado.gov/bills/hb24-1098 - Cause Required for Eviction of Residential Tenant
https://www.leg.colorado.gov/bills/hb24-1055 - Child Passenger Safety & Education

I'm sure there are lots of others.
--
David Aitken, Database Manager
Libertarian Party of Colorado
databas...@lpcolorado.org

Erin King

Feb 6, 2024, 7:07:23 PMFeb 6
to Database Manager, GROUP - Board
Oh boy, we should be focusing on that little Orwellian SB24-084 AG Duties on Mis & Disinformation, the Raw Milk sales (since it was part of our state level pledge), and definitely the pet animal registration system--just why.

These are some good ones, thanks David!

Erin King
Fundraising Director - Libertarian Party of Colorado

Michael Vance

Feb 7, 2024, 1:04:14 PMFeb 7
to Erin King, Database Manager, GROUP - Board

Unfortunately, the Raw Milk bill is horrid. It creates a bunch of additional liabilities for farmers that would be willing to sell raw milk. It's similar to a bill in the Carolina's and not a single farmer was willing to sell raw milk after legislation passed. We are following the Orwellian "Ministry of Truth" bill, that one is atrocious

Erin King

Feb 7, 2024, 1:06:59 PMFeb 7
to Michael Vance, Database Manager, GROUP - Board
I said that, and then I started reading the bill and saw a lot of burdensome regulations. That's too bad. I'm sorry, I'll pay closer attention to the legislative meetings! :)

Erin King
Fundraising Director - Libertarian Party of Colorado

Michael Vance

Feb 7, 2024, 1:11:26 PMFeb 7
to Erin King, Database Manager, GROUP - Board

That's the problem with a ton of these bills, they look great initially and then the details tank the bill. I've read a few and then Brandon has caught some awful stuff I didn't see. Sometimes, they need two or three readings to catch the problems.