Using IFTTT for transferring commands into Loxone

Keith Emerson

Jul 20, 2017, 5:28:23 AM7/20/17
to Loxone English
Hi,
Has anyone had any experience of using IFTTT for getting comands into Loxone? I bought a half price Alexa and have this communicating with email etc. IFTTT allows commands (json, application or plain text) to be sent to a specified IP address.
I already have a Raspberry Pi / Domoticz connected to a RFXCOM trx which I use to control stand-alone blinds via Loxone (json) but would prefer to use Loxone directly via Alexa.
Thanks

Pawel Pieczul

Jul 20, 2017, 9:07:19 PM7/20/17
to Loxone English
I have Miniserver working with Alexa and IFTTT (although the two separately from each other) but indirectly through openHAB server.

Robbie

Jul 21, 2017, 5:27:32 AM7/21/17
to Loxone English
I posted this on another thread yesterday:

On Thursday, July 20, 2017 at 1:24:47 PM UTC+1, Robbie wrote:
I came across this blog post: IFTTT Tutorial - "Alexa Trigger House Off " on the Circle Smart Homes site (which I came up when using Google to bring me back to this group).

Quote:
This simple integration uses the App called 'IFTTT'.
Once you have an account and are in the IFTTT App, you need to search and connect to two connectors. First one is 'Amazon Echo' and the other is 'Maker Webhoots'.

Once these are both connected you can start building your 'Applet.

1. Tap the button '+this'
2. Select your trigger, which will be 'Amazon Echo'
3. Select 'Say a specific phrase'
4. Create your trigger phrase. I.e "Lights off", "House off", "Night mode"

5. Tap the button '+that'

6. Select the service Maker (you may need to use the search bar)
7. Select 'Make a web request'
8. Create your web command.
9. Tap 'Finish'

How this works.

Command ("Alexa Trigger Night Time") - Connects to IFTTT+Maker in the Cloud - Command Comes Back Down & Executes

They make it appear very simple (although I fear this may be beyond me). I don't have Alexa, but would buy an Echo Dot in a heartbeat if it added voice control of the Loxone.

What does everyone think of this method?

Keith Emerson

Jul 21, 2017, 12:00:35 PM7/21/17
to Loxone English
Hi,
Thank you for responding. I did find the tutorial last week and loaded the two applets described in the tutorial. I can use the Alexa and webhooks apps to get messages to my Gmail etc so it seems to be working. Where I am struggling is getting the commands into the Loxone miniserver. As an interim I have tried sending the web commands to my Raspberry Pi which has Domoticz loaded as I know that this works over the local network using its IP address and json commands from the miniserver. I have yet to communicate successfully with the Pi but wonder if this is something to do with router port forwarding set-ups etc. When I try Alexa commands the Alexa/web hook applet log reports a problem, usually a timeout of some sort and the applet also reports "Never Run". I'm still trying! At least with the Domoticz set-up I can see if Domoticz has made a connection or not (It could be that I need to set up something special in Domoticz).

I did try to follow the openHab installation on my Raspberry Pi but it failed part-way through.

Any help appreciated but I'll send an update if I get anywhere.

Thanks, Keith

Pawel Pieczul

Jul 21, 2017, 12:47:59 PM7/21/17
to Keith Emerson, Loxone English
If you want to fix your issues with openHAB you may write to the forum https://community.openhab.org/
It is very responsive. I may also be able to help if you send me more info. Once you have openHAB working we will figure out the rest, I have written the plugin for Loxone in openHAB.
Good luck!

Marek Borówka

Apr 22, 2018, 5:37:23 AM4/22/18
to Loxone English
Hi Paweł,

Are still using this openHAB addon? Looks like it does not work with the latest version of Loxone. In meantime, I know they changed something in credentials (eg. tokens needed). I just tried to use you plugin and got "User authentication error (invalid user name or password)". Of course, password and user are correct.

BR
Marek

Pawel Pieczul

Apr 22, 2018, 6:22:12 AM4/22/18
to Marek Borówka, Loxone English
Hi. This is known - the legacy authentication method was removed in the latest firmware. The new authentication is implemented in 2.3 version of openHAB which is not released yet, but you may use it from the unstable build stream. Here is a thread on this issue https://github.com/ppieczul/org.openhab.binding.loxone/issues/5.

Joakim Arfvidsson

Apr 22, 2018, 8:12:44 PM4/22/18
to Loxone English
I think the original question is worth digging into. I also want this to work. In my case, I'd like to control the NanoLeaf light panels from Loxone.

I tried using Webhooks in IFTTT, and have Loxone call out to IFTTT. So far no luck. I can't seem to trigger the Webhooks event. The Loxone HTTP output seems pretty flexible and strong, so I'm not sure why this is not working. Not sure what kind of logs I can look for to figure out why nothing is happening.

Simon Still

Apr 23, 2018, 4:07:01 AM4/23/18
to Loxone English

On Thursday, 20 July 2017 10:28:23 UTC+1, Keith Emerson wrote:
Hi,
Has anyone had any experience of using IFTTT for getting comands into Loxone?

Other way around.  I'm triggering an 'all off' on my Logitech Harmony based on a few conditions in Loxone.  Works but relies on an email out of Loxone to IFTTT which means response time is variable.  Fine for all off but would be useless for anything you wanted to happen immediately.

Joakim Arfvidsson

Apr 25, 2018, 11:16:33 PM4/25/18
to Loxone English
Curious - have you tried using IFTTT webhooks?

Colin

Sep 13, 2018, 1:39:53 PM9/13/18
to loxone-...@googlegroups.com
Yes.  You need to use IFTTT webhooks service.    Then set up a url command as described in the Loxone API guide at https://www.loxone.com/enen/kb/web-services/

So as an example ... starting in Loxone confg ... I set up a Virtual Input called StudyNextMood.   I drag that as an input onto my Study page to trigger the Lighting Controller to switch to the next mood.   I also set up a new user called webhookuser with a password xxx (actually I used something better :-)).  That user is given access to just this input.  This last step is to make it a bit more secure - but it work with your admin user and password if you feel brave.

Going back into IFTTT I set up a new applet.   It uses Amazon Alexa for the "This" trigger, but you can pick your triggering event.   In the "Then" part I pick a WebHook.   In the URL part I put:-

Change the xxx to your password and miniserialnumber to your miniserver serial number (assuming you are registered for the Loxone dns service).  Note the serial number has to be all lower case - so switch upper case to lower as you type it in.     The rest of the webhook is using the defaults (a GET command with no content).

I now say "Alexa, trigger next study mood" and this changes the mood in my study.  Works really well.

You can, of course, use this to make any event from IFTTT (and there are loads) to trigger anything in your Loxone miniserver.   If you want you can do more such as pass in parameters etc.   But even just a trigger pulse can do almost anything.

Viktor Granbom

Oct 31, 2018, 10:04:24 AM10/31/18
to Loxone English
Has anyone got this to work with virtual text input?

Viktor Granbom

Dec 2, 2018, 1:47:00 AM12/2/18
to Loxone English
Ok, solved this. Virtual text input must be used with an admin account.

MartinB

Feb 3, 2020, 2:20:13 AM2/3/20
to Loxone English
Hi all,

I have tried to get this working via IFTTT and webhooks without much success.

The applet returns a 401 error and does not execute the command. It appears the first part, the Alexa voice command seems to work but it does not complete the second step.

Then I have created a very simple username and password to rule out typos in that area: no luck.

When I copy the Miniserver address string into explorer, I do get a login pop-up. The browser changes this to an IP address before the pop-up shows. When logging in here manually, the command is executed correctly.
When I change the address line in the “then” field in IFTTT to the IP address, it again throws an error message, that is not the way to proceed (and is against above instructions).

Any suggestions from the community?

Many thanks in advance.

Martin

Viktor Granbom

Feb 5, 2020, 1:03:39 PM2/5/20
to Loxone English

Martin

Feb 9, 2020, 5:11:24 PM2/9/20
to Loxone English
Hi Viktor,

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. Got this resolved in the end. I had to use the miniserver IP including the annex behind the semicolon:

http://user:password@externalminiserverIP:XXXX/dev/sps/io/virtualinputname/Command

when typing/copying "miniserverserialnumber.dns.loxonecloud.com" in your browser, it is resolved to  "externalminiserverIP:XXXX"  This is the string to use: copy from browser to the URL line in IFTTT (make sure to remove the http:// when copying from the browser to IFTTT)

Hope this helps others as well

Martin

Op woensdag 5 februari 2020 19:03:39 UTC+1 schreef Viktor Granbom:

Hi, you have to type http://user:pass@miniserverip.com/restofcommandtobesent