Alternative PIR's

Harry Phelps

Nov 23, 2021, 5:49:56 AM11/23/21
to Loxone English
I think there's an alternative smart socket thread but couldn't find one for PIR's. I saw this manufacturer while looking for some Loxone alternatives, not exactly cheap but might be good for someone's needs.

Gert Stalpaert

Nov 23, 2021, 6:03:30 AM11/23/21
to Loxone English
I'm using the PIR from AQUA-S SATEL. Not that nice, but only 18 EUR and working well. The input should be inverted in software though, as it is a normally-closed contact. There is no luminance measurement.

Duncan

Nov 23, 2021, 12:29:44 PM11/23/21
to Loxone English
my favourites are:

tiny, silent, but require a pullup resistor to 12v with a digital input , around £50 plus vat trade (assuming you can get hold of a supplier)

much bigger (49mm compared to 33mm ;-)   are:

very cheap are:
the 12v one works with a pullup resistor like the vantage ones, pushes into a hole in plaster board without the lock ring, 22mm diameter and cheap at £5 approx
you can open the lens and cut off the light sensor for it to work in any brightness to suit loxone

Rob_in

Nov 24, 2021, 1:11:43 AM11/24/21
to Loxone English
For those using KNX we have a number of MDT SCN-P360D1.01. Only 32mm or something which is pretty small, although they do seem more of a motion detector than presence (even though they are marketed as the latter - I suspect many are like this). Around €70-80 or so but does have a built in LUX sensor which is useful.

Aaron

Nov 24, 2021, 2:51:59 PM11/24/21
to Loxone English
I use a few AliExpress 24v PIRs which have been faultless.

As I had an enOcean extension, I also use these:

Seem to be pretty reliable although the furthest one from the antennae sometimes fails. They have a lux sensor and report battery level too. I bought from Amazon for around £37 each, although stock seems rather thinner on the ground now.

Message has been deleted

Gert Stalpaert

Nov 25, 2021, 3:30:40 AM11/25/21
to Loxone English
I'm running a test setup with some  SONOFF SNZB-03 ZigBee Motion Sensors. They are about 10€/p.

Together with a Rapberry Pi, a generic Zigbee stick and Loxberry with the Zigbee2MQTT plugin. They seem to work stable for a month now.

Of course these extra dependencies make the system less failure proof, so I would not recommend this setup for main lighting or home security.
But they are cheap, small and portable (wireless), so they come in very handy for additional presence sensing if main presence sensing has some black spots.

The cool thing about ZigbeeToMQTT is that no additional hardware (cabling, digital inputs, relays) are required. All Zigbee devices can work as virtual inputs in Loxone or can be controlled using easy virtual outputs. This way I can use cheap, wireless, Zigbee enabled Smoke detectors, door contacts, Hue lights, and so on.
Initial setup of Loxberry with the Zigbee2MQTT does require some investigation though. But once it works, it seems stable: no issues till now.

Brad Lewis

Jul 12, 2022, 6:46:23 PM7/12/22
to Loxone English

Did you ever find an economic alternative?  I am looking for an occupancy + luminance sensor like these, but don't need the tiny form factor since I have standard circular boxes installed in the locations that need sensors.  Also it seems there is a premium to import to the US...

Toby Mills

Jul 30, 2022, 4:31:01 PM7/30/22
to Loxone English
do you have a link to the Aliexpress PIR's you used?

Herman

Aug 1, 2022, 8:09:44 AM8/1/22
to Loxone English
Hi guys. I'm also interessted in non-Loxone PIR (due to cost). I don't have any 24VDC in that room, but I do have 230V outlets. Would be nice to have something I could connect via WiFi or another RF communications protocol. I do run Loxberry and I'm using MQTT.

Maybe I could do somekind of "wireless" digital input device with an generic PIR?

Duncan

Aug 1, 2022, 2:31:48 PM8/1/22
to Loxone English

Duncan

Aug 1, 2022, 2:35:50 PM8/1/22
to Loxone English
or just use the new shelly motion 2 with either battery or a usb-c plugin power supply