Yamaha Receiver - VO Debugging

Matt Nye

Aug 12, 2022, 12:01:41 PM8/12/22
to Loxone English
Hello,
I have a Yamaha receiver I'm trying to control via virtual outputs and have downloaded the template from Loxone (https://library.loxone.com/detail/yamaha-avr-31/overview) and saved it in Config. I have set up a switch on the Media Controller block that the receiver is assigned to to see if I can toggle power on/off with the switch but can't get it to work. What's the best way to debug this?

Thanks

Screenshot 2022-08-12 090111.png

Steve Joyner

Aug 13, 2022, 9:16:03 AM8/13/22
to Matt Nye, Loxone English
First thing I would check is if the VO command for the amp power is working, could you try just connecting a switch (real via DI or virtual IP) directly to the VO Command for power on and see if that works ?

<Screenshot 2022-08-12 090111.png>

<Screenshot 2022-08-12 090111.png>

Matt Nye

Aug 15, 2022, 11:44:09 AM8/15/22
to Loxone English
I did try it but no luck
Untitled.jpg

SavvySpaces - Loxone Web Shop

Aug 15, 2022, 12:19:12 PM8/15/22
to Matt Nye, Loxone English
Can you post your config & IP setup?

Have you assigned static IP & port for the AVR and set this ip in the settings>address?

I did this with my own and got the device specific template from Yamaha, 4 years ago now though

On 15 Aug 2022, at 16:44, Matt Nye <mny...@gmail.com> wrote:

I did try it but no luck

Matt Nye

Aug 16, 2022, 11:32:21 PM8/16/22
to Loxone English
Untitled.jpg
Here's the config setup. Yes, I did set the IP address as static

Steve Joyner

Aug 17, 2022, 3:00:54 AM8/17/22
to Matt Nye, Loxone English
Matt - did you specify the port number on the end go the IP address in the VO setup for the Yamaha?  I notice in savvyspaces' screenshot below, and in the Yamaha AVR template thats in my version of LoxConfig, the port number is set to 50000. ( Ie 192.168.50.205:50000 ) - dosen't look like you have that set in your screenshot - but that could be just the way the column widths are set meaning its there but to visible without scrolling across

Steve

Matt Nye

Aug 18, 2022, 11:22:34 AM8/18/22
to Loxone English
That did it! I changed the port to 50000 and it worked. I tried all the usual open ports without success but then used Fing to see which ports were actually open. Turns out 50000 was the one!

Thanks for the assistance.