Nano IO Air Wiring - Door/window contacts

Matt Nye

Jul 5, 2022, 8:59:41 PM7/5/22
to Loxone English
I've wired a door contact as shown in this diagram to a Nano IO Air
1.png

But I can't get it to operate. ie the contact doesn't seem to be sending a signal to  the miniserver when opened/closed. The Nano is powered by 120v on the other side of the device. What could I be doing wring? The wire is from a 4 conductor station cable but I'm just using 2 of the conductors to complete the circuit.

Techdoctor

Jul 6, 2022, 12:23:12 PM7/6/22
to Loxone English
Have you checked to see if you are getting 24V out of the Nano Air. I guess you must be in the USA or somewhere else that uses 120V AC.
Also can you send a screen shot of the Config screen  you are using for the Nano Air, as it could be this that is wrong.
Another thing if you give us a bit more information as to what it is you are trying to do would help.

Matt Nye

Jul 7, 2022, 1:25:45 PM7/7/22
to Loxone English
I found my issue. I am wiring these contacts using pre-wiring from when my house was built 15 years ago. The wire I was using was mislabeled and didn't terminate at the end that it was labelled for. Through a little trial and error I was able to get it to work.

And, yes, I'm in Canada - 120v standard.

Thanks for the assistance.