Heating Period

SteveJ

Jun 10, 2024, 3:03:40 AMJun 10
to Loxone English
Does anyone know how the built in 'heating period' operating mode is supposed to interact with the IRCs ?

I can't see any way of explicitly telling an IRC that it should observe the heating/cooling period.  I can't add the built in Heating Period mode into the schedules on my IRCs (I can add a user defined mode into the schedules, just not the built in Heating/Cooling Period modes.

Thanks
Steve

Rob

Jun 10, 2024, 6:04:37 AMJun 10
to Loxone English
Hi Steve
As far as I know the "Heating Period" and "Cooling Period" operating modes are system modes linked to the dates in the  "Heating Period" and "Cooling Period" operating times. None of these can be deleted, although the times can be changed. The operating modes can be attached to an IRC schedule.
I think these are legacy modes carried over from the version 1 IRC which had an auto mode which would follow the heating/cooling dates and ignore the IRC. For example if you were in the summer "cooling" period and your IRC was calling for heat on a cold day then it would ignore the request and leave the heating off.
Originally I guess more relevant in europe where they tended to have combined heating/cooling systems so had heating in winter, cooling in summer. Less relevant in the UK, although that I think is now changing.
The current IRC (v2) does not use the annual heating/cooling dates unless you add them in as an operating mode.

Steve Joyner

Jun 12, 2024, 4:12:22 AMJun 12
to Rob, Loxone English
Thanks Rob,

I did suspect that these operating modes might be a hangover from  IRCv1, what you say makes sense - I can see the link between the modes and the operating times and like you say I can alter the operating times to mean the hearing and calling modes are are on or off on any given day (I can verify this by adding showing the value of the Operating Mode in the GUI/App)

I still can’t find a way to add these Operating Modes to the schedule for my IRC blocks they din’t show in the ‘User Defined Modes’ drop down to allow me to add them to the schedule:

PastedGraphic-1.png

I can achieve the same effect as adding one of these by defining a new operating mode - say ‘Heating Summer  Bypass’ based on the same or similar Operating Times, this new mode does showup in the drop-down and can be added to the IRC schedule.

Am I missing something ?

( I started playing with this because I noticed last week that my heating is still firing up at 6am for 30mins or so because some rooms are just below the desired temperature.  This is technically the expected behavior given how the system is configured, but since it’s quite warm outside the perception in the house is that it’s not cold enough to warrant heating.  I though a quick way round this while I check if there is something that can be done by using the actual outside temp value as an input would be to use the 'Heating Period’ mode just to turn off the heating completely until the autumn).

Steve

Steve Joyner

Jun 12, 2024, 4:12:22 AMJun 12
to Rob, loxone-...@googlegroups.com
Mmm could well be - I have got some other issues on IRCs that look like permissions problems - for instance I can't update the schedule on any of my IRCs from the app (phone or desktop) - again logged in as admin.  I’m so far behind the latest version now though I decided it made more sense to try and solve that issue once I’d upgraded - maybe the Operating modes one needs to go in the same pile.

I will have another poke about to see if there is something thats gone astray with the permissions somewhere

On 10 Jun 2024, at 15:45, <robertl...@gmail.com> <robertl...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Steve

That’s a strange one. When I go to my schedule I get all of my operating modes shown in the drop down.

I wonder if it’s a user dependent issue? I know that you can restrict operating modes to just some users, maybe worth checking to see if something has changed although if you’re using the admin account I’d expect everything to show up.

<image002.png>

I did suspect that these operating modes might be a hangover from  IRCv1, what you say makes sense - I can see the link between the modes and the operating times and like you say I can alter the operating times to mean the hearing and calling modes are are on or off on any given day (I can verify this by adding showing the value of the Operating Mode in the GUI/App)

I still can’t find a way to add these Operating Modes to the schedule for my IRC blocks they din’t show in the ‘User Defined Modes’ drop down to allow me to add them to the schedule:

<image001.png>

robertl...@gmail.com

Jun 12, 2024, 4:12:23 AMJun 12
to Steve Joyner, loxone-...@googlegroups.com

[...]