Mitsubishi ECODAN 11.2kW air source heat pump

Keith Emerson

May 3, 2024, 6:43:16 AMMay 3
to Loxone English
I wish to replace my existing oil fired boiler (probably with a Mitsubishi heat pump). The Loxone system currently intelligently controls our zoned underfloor heating and hot water. I believe that Loxone recommend using MODBUS for the controlling the system interface. Has anyone any experience/advice for integrating a Misubishi air source heat pump with the Loxone system.

Nick Everard

May 4, 2024, 2:11:07 AMMay 4
to Loxone English
I did have a Mitsubishi EcoDan heat pump, which I simply use two relays to request heat for ground floor or first floor. It’s been operating for 5 years without any issues. I am not controlling the heating curve which I always expected to need to do but it works well ok. .

gck

May 4, 2024, 3:09:07 AMMay 4
to Keith Emerson, loxone-english

I have an ecodan. Works very well.

Strongly recommend the a1m ModbusRTU device for the ecodan. I then have a MOXA RTU to TCP adapter. The I use the Modbus tcp interface within the mini server.

This means I do not need to run Modbus cable from the ecodan controller to the mini server. Instead I just use cat5. Plus, the loxone Modbus extension is crazy expensive.

Let me know if you need more.

I also have a spare Moxa MB3170.

George

Sent from my phone.

Keith Emerson <emer...@gmail.com> 3 May 2024 at 11:43:38 wrote:
I wish to replace my existing oil fired boiler (probably with a Mitsubishi heat pump). The Loxone system currently intelligently controls our zoned underfloor heating and hot water. I believe that Loxone recommend using MODBUS for the controlling the system interface. Has anyone any experience/advice for integrating a Misubishi air source heat pump with the Loxone system. --
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Loxone English" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/loxone-english/b46d6b64-e5a7-4c2e-b306-7086f66fc92en%40googlegroups.com.