RGBW Dimmer Extension power output

chris fletcher

Jun 3, 2024, 9:02:09 AMJun 3
to Loxone English
Hello,

We have a new build project and builder is using 3rd party 8 watt, 24volt LEDs we test a few and seem to work fine.

A few of the rooms will have multiple lights and more than the allowed 50 watts per channel, also have a few long linear LEDs that are over the 50 watt max.

Can you bridge the Dimmer extension channel's to use the full 200watts for one channel?

If not, is there a 3rd party dimmer driver that will work with Loxone?

The most power needed is 75 watts for one of the linear lights.

Thanks!

Rob

Jun 3, 2024, 10:37:40 AMJun 3
to Loxone English
I asked exactly this question of Loxone a few months back and they specifically said the individual channels cannot be bridged.

Can you split the circuits to keep below the 50W limit?

Oliver Jimenez

Jun 20, 2024, 4:59:00 PMJun 20
to Loxone English
You could try using a PWM signal amplifier, which would duplicate the output from the RGBW dimmer and allow a 2nd PSU input. Haven't tried, but plan to in the next few days.