Pool control with Aquastar Air / Peraqua?

Russ

Feb 19, 2021, 2:14:40 PM2/19/21
to Loxone English

Looking for ways to control a new pool build (3m x 8m infinity pool) via Loxone. A search for "Pool" in this group didn't turn up very much.

Has anyone done this?  (control filtration, ph, lighting, pump, heating etc)

Has anyone used the Loxone product Aquastar Air? Which seems to be produced by Peraqua ?

Russ

Mar 6, 2021, 6:38:21 AM3/6/21
to Loxone English
Bump.  Really no one has done pool control with Loxone and/or the aquastar air product?   I contacted Peraqua to ask about their products (they are in Austra) and they said their distributor in France is Loxone, so now looking for someone in France who can set me up.

Scrivs 78

Mar 6, 2021, 7:29:00 AM3/6/21
to Loxone English
Hi,

I dont use the Aquastar but do use Loxone to control my Koi Pond (15k litres).  It controls the 2 filter pumps, 2 air pumps, feeding as well as monitoring water meter, temps, filter maintenance and flow rates, and eventually it will control heating.

Its great, fish get fed based on time of year and temp of pond, filters will turn off while feeding so food doesnt get sucked in.  Air turns off so we can see fish better when near by, Pond and Garden lighting goes on at dusk if people are around (motion detected in kitchen or office, and alarm is not on)

Reminds me when filter maintenance is required, and will auto top up water once done.  Loxone knows when there is too much water being used, and so will tell me.  Its usually means a filter is blocked, or i have left a tap open, or there is actually a leak somewhere.

Overall its brilliant, prob could of been done with other more specific pond stuff, but i like its all integrated into my system, so very pleased.  Been running about 4/5 years, and the leak detection has been particularly useful.

At the time i did look at the aquastar, but it limited me on the type of filtration i could use.  Bead filters require high powered pumps which i didnt want to use 24/7, so didnt go that route, my electric bill is pleased, but manual maintenance is a pain!

Andrew

Jonathan Thursby

Mar 7, 2021, 3:25:45 AM3/7/21
to Loxone English
I use the Aquastar.
Technically the unit works well. plumbing and valve control. BUT block in Loxone config is a real complicated bxxstard. I want to be able to have full auto OR manual. Auto is ok although complicated to program in the interface, but to then be able to manually control the valve is not easy. Have a look at my blocks. I do have two electronic input valves (balance tank, direct), two output valve (solar heater and boiler heater) and a two speed pump with doser. I wanted to have a manual switch so I could manually clean filters and select. Lots of programming and the block doesn't always do what it says and instructions are poor. The block does crash occasionally, I have complained and asked for feature enhancements but I am guessing they don't sell many and their typical Loxne answer is .... It works.

Screenshot 2021-03-07 at 08.21.08.png

Techdoctor

Mar 7, 2021, 7:17:00 AM3/7/21
to Loxone English
I have a client who is interested in the Aquastar, but he needs easy manual control for his pool guy to use. The idea is to have a button box on the wall in the pump room. So press a button for normal cleaning, another for back wash, another for filter bypass etc.
@Jonathan T your comments have kind of re-inforced what I thought about it. Seems like a nice idea but in practice its another thing.
I think sometimes Loxone seem to rush products out rather than make sure they work 100%.
Just look at their config software it still hasn't been fully translated into English, some of the info screens are in a mixture of German and English. To me it just shows a lack of quality control. I complained to Loxone over 5 years ago about this, and its still the same.

Jonathan Thursby

Mar 8, 2021, 1:39:05 AM3/8/21
to Loxone English
I agree, I have had Loxone since 2009, nice products great idea but as you say even with the new investment they still haven't caught up, not to mention their arrogant customer care, Loxone are always right! and then there's the new prices they have forced on UK blaming Brexit, well it hasn't gone well regarding the vaccine and as I mentioned I have companies around the world and will be buying through them.

Any wy back to the Aquastar. I have a simple push switch to select auto/manual/service and a rotary switch with various resistors to select the valve position ( loxoce measures input voltage from rotary switch).

As I said the interface is not logical and I have to use a convoluted block system to get it to work.

Russ

Mar 10, 2021, 3:02:26 AM3/10/21
to Loxone English
Thanks for the comments. They are helpful and haven't put me off; it appears the Aquastar works although with a bit of work which is fine. Thanks for the programming example. The lack of manual control fits into the Loxone philosophy which is more towards a smart automated house that anticipates and does things for you.  Too bad there wasn't more both/and thinking to allow for manual control.

@JonathanT : were there other special components necessary to make the Loxone+Aquastar work?  Does it interface with standard pool components for things like pool temperature, level, filtering, pumps, etc. or are there special types of products one has to use?

I'm wanting to do a saltwater pool with a chlorinator, with monitoring and control in Loxone. I see Peraqua has products for this as well which I'm assuming would integrate into Loxone.  At least it's marketed that way. http://www.peraqua.com/en/product/loxone-aquastar-air-1

Rob.no1

Mar 10, 2021, 8:30:17 AM3/10/21
to Loxone English
I am also considering the Aquastar for a small indoor pool, but have found it very difficult to get information about it and the other Peraqua products (dont even know if you can get their filters in the UK). Most of the pool companies I have spoken to have not heard of Perauqa and don't seem keen on the loxone solution. I would be interested to see how others have managed to successfully integrate everything with Loxone (what sensors have you used, how do you communicate with the pool cover etc,) and how does it physically connect to the filter (images would be great if anyone has some!)

Russ, I am also thinking of using a saltwater chlorinator, so would be interested to see what info you have found with regards to integrating with Loxone?

With regards to auto v Manual, I assumed that you could still manually use the valve with the lever on top if needed, is this not the case?

Rob

Cameron Jones

May 28, 2021, 6:52:53 AM5/28/21
to Loxone English
I'm in the middle of installing an Aquastar solution for my outdoor saltwater pool. My Loxone installer will be bringing it online for me on his next visit week after next. I've also been trying to find documentation to understand how it controls the pump and also the salt generator that must not operate when the pump is not operating, so when ever the backwash process is happening. I didn't realise there was also issues with manual over rides. As I learn I'll post my findings here.

Cheers

Message has been deleted

ErlendVK

May 29, 2021, 11:51:11 AM5/29/21
to Loxone English
I'm also considering a pool in the garden, and, having a full Loxone system, of course I'm now also looking at the Aquastar.  But I have to say it's putting me off really.  It's SO very hard to find info about it.  It doesn't look at all as it is as simple to configure as most other Loxone stuff.  I also really don't like the fact that it's AIR only.  Why not have the option of also connecting a cable??  While I agree that AIR is usually pretty good, nothing can beat a cable connection ever.

Just like with their solar inverter compatibility, they looked at Austrian companies first (Fronius), but sometimes those companies as not that well know in other contries.  They really shouldn't limit themselves and their users like that.

I will susbscribe to this thread though.  I still have a lot to learn when it comes to pool control (pretty much everything TBH) and I'm sure I can pick up some tips here along the way. :)

Jonathan Thursby

May 30, 2021, 2:26:22 AM5/30/21
to Loxone English
if any one has some configs they would like to share?
technically the valve is very good, its just the interface in config and app is a b1tch

Dpin

May 30, 2021, 8:21:35 PM5/30/21
to Loxone English
Hi guys

In case someone is interested, I got a Peraqua top Valve for automatic filter, back wash, rinse, circulation, draining and closed/winter. It was used for prototyping a automatic valve for a pool company here in Australia. this one has 24V Inputs so It can be controlled by any 24VDC signal.
Product is in full working order, not issue at all
Please contact me if interested.

Thanks

Diego