Loxone with Matter? (Blind integration/ Motionblinds)

Simon Still

Apr 23, 2024, 9:59:54 AMApr 23
to Loxone English
I'm trying to work out the status of this - has anyone tried it yet? Pick me up on anything that's wrong below

am now looking at  https://motionblinds.com/

- Their "eve" blind are Matter compatible.
- it looks like that doesn't need their wifi hub - but I'll need a new 4k Apple TV (my Gen 3 A1625 HD won't do it)

But I'm *guessing* that's via the Loxone Matter integration.  Does that need a Gen 2 miniserver or will it work with my Gen1?  Also I can't find anything on the Loxone site about it beyond Sept 23 press release about an experimental Beta

Simon Still

Apr 23, 2024, 2:24:11 PMApr 23
to Loxone English
Actually looks as if their 'works with Loxone' badge is since you can control them via UDP and their wifi bridge.
files here (I must have searched for Motionblinds as one word rather than as this didn't come up before)

Jonathan Dixon

Apr 24, 2024, 5:18:36 AMApr 24
to Simon Still, Loxone English
Last I saw Loxone were only implementing Device role, not controller, so a miniserver won't be able to control other devices like blinds, just present itself as a device to be controlled by other controllers (such as Alexa)
This may have changed in the last few months.