enOcean Devices

Aaron

Feb 10, 2020, 5:42:12 AM2/10/20
to Loxone English
I am interested to understand please what others may have implemented with enOcean and how they are finding price and performance vs loxone air (and even wired devices).

I bought a second hand extension many years ago have tested a NodOn button but the range was not great. Possibly because I did not have any relays to create a mesh and probably due to a small stub aerial.

The wireless nature, open standard and not having to replace batteries are key draws but there does not seem to be a wealth of devices to end consumers at sensible prices, although I hope to be proved wrong!

Anyone used these?

Appreciate any advice in advance,

Thanks

Rob_in

Feb 10, 2020, 3:32:16 PM2/10/20
to Loxone English
Hi,

You're asking about wireless devices so just an FYI: we have a number of Z-wave door sensors from Coolcam and they work very well (instant response, very long battery life, etc). At under 20EUR a sensor the price is right. The Coolcam PIR is half the price of the sensor you linked to but I've not used anything but the door sensors I mention.

Originally I installed Home Assistant on a Raspberry Pi to use as a Z-wave gateway but didn't really like that. Then updated to use ioBroker on the Pi and this is *much* better. I can recommend this approach but depends what you want to do.

Cheers,

Robin

Aaron

Mar 9, 2020, 4:36:41 PM3/9/20
to Loxone English
Many thanks for your thoughts Robin. I did also try the Coolcam PIR but quickly discarded as I wanted to avoid having to run the raspberryPI with it.

An update concerning the Nodon PIR enOcean device. I tested with one and then quickly bought a couple more (and a door contact) as I was so impressed with performance. Easy to set-up (using some instructions found in German on another forum) and with great range; far surpassing Loxone's AIR and normal WIFI. Also expecting the battery to last a long time.

Appreciate they are not the cheapest, but wireless PIR with lux and battery levels at half the price of the Loxone (if you could buy them!) seems pretty good. I also like that enOcean should work with other automation systems if the time comes.

Happy to post more details although activity in this thread rather suggests enOcean is not the most popular protocol with Loxone; possibly due to the cost of the extension and relatively limited range of sensibly priced devices....?

Evert van Es

Aug 3, 2020, 6:27:50 AM8/3/20
to Loxone English
I have tried some EnOcean products but the results have very much been hit and miss...

The nodon soft remote works just fine.
Also a generic 4 button remote works well. But I sometimes get the wrong signal for a button press mainly because a press and a release give a signal. sometimes the release triggers a press on another button.  This makes the remote not really usable.

I also have some window contacts that worked for a while but recently just stopped working. I thought the solar panel maybe was not providing enough power but I think the problem is the latest Loxone firmware.

Relays are trouble some to react to Loxone commands. I cannot properly program them using the learn in procedure as defined by Loxone. I can now control one relay but Loxone keeps telling me the device is not paired. But the channel 0 command is working on the relay. But when I try to program another relay it just doesn't work.

All in all very frustrating. On the website Loxone one lists a few EEP profiles for actuators. So I think the support for EnOcean is really non existent.

For instance the EnOcean VLD telegram is not supported....

All in all I would not advise to use the EnOcean extension.