Running Loxone config on a Mac

L P

May 13, 2024, 7:42:11 AMMay 13
to Loxone English
Hello,

This might be old news to many of you, but maybe useful to some of you that use a Mac. Maintaining a windows VM just for Loxone Config is a pain, and even more so with a recent ARM-based Mac. I've tried WINE in the past, but it was never stable enough. The Whisky app (repackaged WINE) works very well and I've been using it to run Loxone Config and even dared to perform an upgrade to v15 using it. It all worked perfectly.

Regards,
Len

Deac99

May 14, 2024, 12:12:03 PMMay 14
to Loxone English
Hi Len - Thanks for the tip - not at all old news to me.  I've been using Parallels which is already (yet again) pestering me to buy another upgrade and I too am on the ARM processer.

I downloaded Whisky and could not get my version within the Parallels application directory to install in a bottle.  I even tried downloading the new version of Config installing it in mac HD/Users/myname//Applications/LoxoneConfig.   When I try to create a new bottle, I browse to the location, I can see the .exe file, but it is greyed out so I cannot open it.  Watched some Youtube videos, but all I can find is to install Steam which is a completely different beast.

How did you get LoxoneConfig.exe "In the Bottle?"

Thanks!
Mark

L P

May 15, 2024, 3:26:00 AMMay 15
to Loxone English
Create a bottle
Click on “Open C: drive”
Dropthe Loxone config installer there
Then click “Run”
Select the installer
Then click "open"

This will run the installer, install LoxoneConfig and create an icon for it.

Vidor Lakatos

May 16, 2024, 1:07:50 PMMay 16
to Loxone English
Great news ! Not at all old news...I was struggling to get it somehow working on sites.

Thank you very much for this info !

breizhnos

May 31, 2024, 5:37:15 AMMay 31
to Loxone English
thanks for this great news.
i've tried, but i have some graphical issues, don't you ??

look at this snap-shot, most of wigets are empty

lox.png

L P

breizhnos

May 31, 2024, 6:43:26 AMMay 31
to Loxone English
ok,
i think, it's just missing some fonts

Mark Deacon

May 31, 2024, 6:59:17 AMMay 31
to breizhnos, Loxone English
Hi,
Let me know if you get it working.  I have the same issue, funny how some boxes populate and others don't.  I tried changing window sizes as well as screen resolution and got nowhere.  Missing fonts?  Possibly?

Mark

Evert van Es

May 31, 2024, 7:07:19 AMMay 31
to Loxone English, breizhnos, Mark Deacon
When I zoom in the boxes get visible. Or when I zoom out they also become visible. Not optimal but maybe workable?

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Loxone English" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/loxone-english/CAOw6ZU5vVKt85ZhKXurWtE8L8%3DVYtNbBXrRQk6%3DkHOy3dYU0uw%40mail.gmail.com.

Mark Deacon

May 31, 2024, 9:22:31 AMMay 31
to Evert van Es, Loxone English, breizhnos
Hi Evert,  When you say "... zoom in" what exactly are you doing?  When I make my window as big as possible all the way up to full screen nothing changes.  On the mac neither the gestures on the track pad or the zoom function (option command +) don't work, not surprising as it is emulating a pc.  I also tried Control + / - but those don't work either for zooming in or out. (and I tried option + and command + just for kicks, but those did not do anything either.

Mark

Evert van Es

May 31, 2024, 9:31:17 AMMay 31
to Mark Deacon, Loxone English, breizhnos
Im using the buttonbar zoom buttons:

Screenshot 2024-05-31 at 15.29.59.png

And is now see content:

Screenshot 2024-05-31 at 15.29.40.png

L P

May 31, 2024, 9:36:31 AMMay 31
to Loxone English
If you go into “Bottle Configuration" and change the "DPI Scaling” setting, the Loxone elements will be larger and there are fewer issues with disappearing labels. I have it set to 144 which works OK on a large (27”) monitor.

Screenshot 2024-05-31 at 15.35.44.png

On 31 May 2024, at 15:31, Evert van Es <evert...@gmail.com> wrote:

Im using the buttonbar zoom buttons:

<Screenshot 2024-05-31 at 15.29.59.png>

And is now see content:

Mark Deacon

May 31, 2024, 10:59:31 AMMay 31
to L P, Loxone English
@ Evert - Funny, I've never used the zoom buttons on the bar and honestly never noticed them, but yes, that works!  Thanks!

@ LP - Even a better solution, I set DPI to 144 and it's working perfectly on my laptop screen as well.  I'll mess with different settings and see what is best for my screen size.  Thanks!  I'm excited to start messing around with all this now in the Whisky emulator!

Gert Stalpaert

May 31, 2024, 11:10:01 AMMay 31
to dea...@gmail.com, lenpa...@gmail.com, Loxone English

I'm really hoping that they ditch this old Windows Office interface one day.
It's just so outdated.

Although the user experience is quite ok on some points, it lacks modern conventions and can be annoying at least and frustrating at times.

A modern interface that works on all OSes would be great, but it's probably a lot of work...

breizhnos

Jun 2, 2024, 7:50:48 AMJun 2
to Loxone English
another Workaround is to activate Retina Mode, and Zomm+ 2 times.

on my Macbook 13 M3 it's perfect.

thanks for the Zoom Tips

Simon Still

Jun 3, 2024, 7:30:05 AMJun 3
to Loxone English
Thanks for this - I've been dual booting windows on a late model intel MacBook Air but it's a hassle  and means working on a 13" screen. Gave up on Parallels due to the annual software upgrade fee.

M1 iMac 27"
Simple to set up.  Using Retina and 144dpi looks pretty good and the large screen will make working much easier, even if some of the text is a bit small.

Only thing I've not worked out is how to access an SD card to create a backup - is this possible?

L P

Jun 3, 2024, 7:50:59 AMJun 3
to Loxone English
Working with the SD card is when I go to my wife’s Windows PC. :-(