Mixergy API

David

May 4, 2024, 4:14:22 AMMay 4
to Loxone English
Morning.

Has anyone had any success with using a https REST API directly within Loxone?
I'm toying with the idea of using a Mixergy cylinder and wondered how an integration within Loxone might work.
This would be for pulling temperature data out of the cylinder, as well as controlling the boost functionality.

David

Tico

May 5, 2024, 8:51:44 PMMay 5
to Loxone English
It's typically viable with Loxone. I'm don't have details on the Mixergy API, but a simple Virtual HTTP Input may be sufficient. If the API requires a token, you can also use a Virtual Output to define the credentials, send the request, then save the response on the Miniserver. The token can then be extracted using an 'internal' Virtual HTTP input.

Once you have the token, that can then be inserted into a Virtual Output with the token to request the data.

Depending on the API, it can get a bit convoluted, but should be possible.

David

May 6, 2024, 6:44:19 AMMay 6
to Loxone English
Thanks Tico.

I got this working thanks to Daniel (who replied directly to me, which means it doesn't show here)

To make this available for anyone else wishing to do this, here are some screenshots of config and short explanations.

VO Mixergy.png
Create a virtual output using the Mixergy URL

VO Mixergy 2.png
Add the HTTP output to the virtual output and configure the command for ON.
You'll also need to login to the Mixergy website and get the headers for the login, which you then insert into the HTTP header for ON section.
You then use the Save HTTP Reply and store this as a local file on the Miniserver

VO HTTP Header.png
These are the two headers I got which need to be used. You'll need to find your own details using Postman or Developer Tools in Chrome, which I've blanked out in this example.

VI Mixergy.png
Configure a Virtual Input within Loxone to pull in the locally save file using fsget within the URL field for the virtual input.
You'll need to setup a user within Loxone which has FTP and full access in order to be able to access this local file.

VI List.png
These are the 4 fields I've got working within from the API.

In theory you could use a Virtual Output configured with POST commands to control the Mixergy cylinder as well, but I've not explored that yet.

David